Time to get serious

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Good luck! I'm trying to pack our things slow and steady so we don't have a mad rush, but I think the lack of a looming deadline is working against us, really.

Sounds like you've got everything worked out schedule-wise, even with all the moving parts. :) I'm impressed.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Congratulations! Anything you do is going to help (unless you pack the clothes you've ironed straight away, in which case, don't bother with ironing) :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Lots going on here ETE, sounds like you'll be in for Easter!
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Thanks hidden, Karma & Cath.
    There might be a spanner in the works yet.....the plan for the land registry is completely wrong! Fingers crossed our solicitor can sort it quickly, having said that we have no deadline as such so it doesn't matter as much as it could.

Two boxes packed last night and a small amount of ironing done. Took DD2 to see new house today and met current owner who is lovely and even fitted in a bit of business admin too. I prefer chipping away at everything to keep it all moving rather than getting one single thing completed! I'm exhausted now though and really looking forward to the pulled pork that is in the SC.
  • The weekend is here, which can only mean one thing, fencing! Although we do need to buy more posts today and a gatepost, so it won't be a NSD.

No more packing done yet, I've worn myself out this week.

People we are buying off have the 21st April as a date for moving into rented and even after sending all the stuff through about the boundary issue our solicitor doesn't see this date as an issue for working towards :T
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Wow ETE - all very exciting here. House moving is all very stressful but I am sure it will be worth it in the the end.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    The weekend is here, which can only mean one thing, fencing! Although we do need to buy more posts today and a gatepost, so it won't be a NSD.

No more packing done yet, I've worn myself out this week.

People we are buying off have the 21st April as a date for moving into rented and even after sending all the stuff through about the boundary issue our solicitor doesn't see this date as an issue for working towards :T

He's working for you Ele - maybe he's forgotten that!

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Thank you a Fortune, I think I'm just worried that things might disappear into organisations that aren't working for us, I can see these things might cause hold ups or maybe I'm just thinking the worst!

Lots more progress made up the field and zero progress on packing. Although I did pick up some more boxes, so I suppose it's marginally more than zero.

Mortgage survey has been completed on the house, but no idea what is in the report yet. Not much else to report really but not long to go :)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,018
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I am resigning myself to the fact that things can and will go wrong but most hiccups, though stressful, can be resolved.

Hope if you have troubles they will be little ones.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Crazy week for work, shouldn't complain as it keeps the pennies coming in, but it does mean not a lot else done.

Things are moving along, with gentle prods and nudges here and there.

The freezer and fridge are starting to look a bit more empty, we are doing well in using stuff up but still a way to go.

We've barely scraped through the month, with not much left over at the end of the month. Not really any frivolous spending going on but we have needed lots of supplies for the field and we have paid some costs to solicitors/mortgage broker.

DD2 is away on holiday next week, so that should reduce food spends!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure