IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from CPM

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Whaaat, you lost this even though you turned up, they didn't and they filed no WS or evidence? Or did they file it late?

Which court and which Judge?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Akumo
    Akumo Posts: 85 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2018 at 8:53PM
    They filed their WS late,

I never recieved a copy, but was given one halfway through the hearing when the Judge realised that I did not have a copy.
    This was at Horsham, I think the Judge's name was Morrison.
    Basically throughout the whole hearing my the judge stated that my WS, evidence and defence, and the precedent that had been set previously by Jopson V Homeguard was not relevant to the case.
  • I never recieved a copy, but was given one halfway through the hearing when the Judge realised that I did not have a copy.
    Hmm would've been better to adjourn to allow you time to consider it. Something of an ambush that.
  • Akumo
    Yes, I agree, I should have of adjourned, lesson, albeit an expensive won, learnt.
  • Johnersh wrote: »
    Hmm would've been better to adjourn to allow you time to consider it. Something of an ambush that.
    Not a criticism of you fella, its the court that should've done that once clear you'd not seen it.
  • Don't worry Akumo they haven't forgotten about you...These fine folk such as Coupon, Keith and Johnersh all of whom helped in my case, are doing their bit for many many people in a similar boat to yourself, they will come back to you and you will beat UKCPM i promise you!! I did ;-)

Billy
  • Akumo
    But surely a court order to pay up is a court order to pay up?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It is unless you have grounds to appeal & say the Judge erred in law.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The judge was so unfair in this case to not adjourn to allow time for you to look over their WS.
    It was an ambush which shouldn't be allowed.

Have you looked at their WS?
    Anything in it of interest / anything inaccurate?

I don't know the process of how to appeal but suspect will be in the form of a letter to the court.

Regulars can you help....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    This appears to turn on the wording of the signs which were included in the late WS. Could we see them and the contract with the HA.
    Lastly she made the finding that in order to load/unload I should have telephoned the number on the signage in order to get permission.

Key point is whether the "evidence" submitted by UKCPM with regards to the wording on the signs is true or false.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure