Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,121 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Happy Friday indeed :D

Exams are gone. Yippee! DD2 has mocks and stuff like RAD exams but not GCSEs as yet

Went out with OH for dinner. Such excellent food. The joy of simple things xx
  • beanielou
    Glad that you had excellent food :)
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hooray on the exam news!:j

Glad your busy fortnight has ended and you enjoyed your meal out with OH.

I love the idea of the insect refuge by the way!:). And nothing wrong with tortillas - yum!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    Thanks all. Meal with OH was totally lush. Out this evening too for DD2's birthday but a BYO and we're not drinking so hoping to spend minimal amounts whilst enjoying all being together again (DD1 is back after her holiday with friends celebrating end of exams..)

Have done some work, done some invoices and been for a short run. First time in months, but quicker than a class. DD2 is doing revision (Mocks are looming) and the house is quiet. Loving the sunshine and the warm weather.

YNAB is going OK. Spendy time what with birthdays and cars, but manageable.Would be good to find another income stream. Need to get my thinking cap on. A friend is doing transcribing during slow periods, but you really need to jump on it for that (I really instead need something I can fit round a day job) and its minimal pay unless you are a supremely fast typist. We are spending much much less on groceries which is great. £270 so far this month which is a blooming record. It can often be 3 times that, so thats excellent. But no lodgers, so income will start to really tail off.

Hope everyone has a great week

Brizzle x
  • brizzlegirl
    Updating sig too - AFDs have been good, exercise not great, decluttering hopeless and NSDs and LSDs very low. So as ever a patchy picture for Brizzlegirl :o.

Have signed up for the Mrs FW's Frugal Month for July so I am hoping that will kick me into action. Must discuss with OH to get us both on board for support when one of us falters !
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think you do a lot better than you give yourself credit for, you've done fab :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,037 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You are doing really well :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I think you do a lot better than you give yourself credit for, you've done fab :)

Seconded by me.

• brizzlegirl
    Thanks ladies - you're so beautifully supportive. I really appreciate it :kiss:

Astonishingly have access to the laptop as DD1 is not here. Despite finishing A levels she now seems to be using it to watch back to back films :rotfl: but this evening she is babysitting and sorting out job applications. She has also cleaned our house. Pretty good job actually, must make sure she also does it next week before she goes off again (Gold DoE next time so pretty brutal). Told her there is always a market for good, reliable cleaners if she wants to do that when she's at university. you'd get more than a bar job! So reckon she needs to earn her stripes and hone her technique here with me ;):T

YNAB is going OK. Spending quite a bit on fuel as driving to work. Car is now ours. Gulp. And now promptly needs a service. Solar panels have also stopped generating. A right pain. In June. I ask you. Carp timing.

Other than that, all chugging along. I may go for a run tomorrow, need to keep up some exercise. More AFDs...have not drunk since Friday :T

Lots of love to everyone x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure