DNA Test (Do I have to back-pay)

Options
So after a 1 night stand and 10 years after am about to do a DNA test I have paid nothing towards the child that the mother says is mine and I am waiting for the proof before I have any emotional ties or contact with them

I am curious to whether I will be in arrears or owe money to anyone for the past 10 years if the child is proven to be mine because i would need to know financially were I stand.

I am not on the birth certificate and have not had any instructions from court or csa to do this test it is of my own back after I was told I am her Dad.

Thanks

Comments

• jimd-f
    jimd-f Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if there is no case open with CSA/CMS then you have no financial arrears to pay as you would only be liable for payments if or when a case was opened against you.
    whether you have any moral liabilities if it turns out you are the father only you can decide
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ajdeegan81 wrote: »
    So after a 1 night stand and 10 years after am about to do a DNA test I have paid nothing towards the child that the mother says is mine and I am waiting for the proof before I have any emotional ties or contact with them

I am curious to whether I will be in arrears or owe money to anyone for the past 10 years if the child is proven to be mine because i would need to know financially were I stand.

I am not on the birth certificate and have not had any instructions from court or csa to do this test it is of my own back after I was told I am her Dad.

Thanks

As post #2, until an official case is open then you can go through all the formalities.
    Everything after that... only you can decide from your own personality and beliefs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure