Idem Servicing - advice please

2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Then it's going to hinge on what evidence you have about the ppi on the loan.

Might do best on the ppi board

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=169
  • Thank you, I appreciate your response, I think I'll just drop it. I only challenged the PPI to cause them time and inconvenience due to their actions towards me, time to let go!
  • I have now had a further response from Idem which states that as they cannot supply a copy of the CA they acknowledge they cannot enforce the agreement. They then state that they will 'continue to pursue' me. I have already written to the Financial Ombudsman and am awaiting their reply. To me Iden seem to be contradicting themselves, or am I mistaken? Opinions would be welcomed, thank you!
  • StopIt
    StopIt Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    I have now had a further response from Idem which states that as they cannot supply a copy of the CA they acknowledge they cannot enforce the agreement. They then state that they will 'continue to pursue' me. I have already written to the Financial Ombudsman and am awaiting their reply. To me Iden seem to be contradicting themselves, or am I mistaken? Opinions would be welcomed, thank you!

A missing CCA Agreement means they cannot enforce the debt in court.

It doesn't mean they cannot ask you for the money. It means you have no legal obligation to pay them.

The FOS will not make any judgement on cases like these. Unless if they're using overtly threatening tactics, it is not illegal for IDEM to continue to ask for payment, but they know that they cannot go to court.

At this point, you can walk away, block their numbers from your phones, and bin any more letters from them.

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • Thank you very much, it helps to have confirmation I can now just ignore these people with no ramifications, let them waste their postage!
  • hi me and my family stupidly got a secured loan off blackhorse over 16 years ago we were making payments and we were misold ppi which we claimed back . our situation changed and went on reduced payments my wife broke her leg i was the main carerr ect ... about 8 years we had a letter from idem who bought the loan off black horse and wecate now dealing with them .. we have paid regular ammounts when we were back in work but we are struggling atm the balance does not seeem to budge we really dont no what to do any advice would be really appreciated they once said unles we make regular paymenys court action would start and they asked us to seek help from citizens advice please help
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,456 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    johngill03 wrote: »
    hi me and my family stupidly got a secured loan off blackhorse over 16 years ago we were making payments and we were misold ppi which we claimed back . our situation changed and went on reduced payments my wife broke her leg i was the main carerr ect ... about 8 years we had a letter from idem who bought the loan off black horse and wecate now dealing with them .. we have paid regular ammounts when we were back in work but we are struggling atm the balance does not seeem to budge we really dont no what to do any advice would be really appreciated they once said unles we make regular paymenys court action would start and they asked us to seek help from citizens advice please help

Needs a separate thread - your situation is very different from the thread that you've bolted this onto.
  • Great responses thanks.. I have exactly the same case. Blackhorse secured debt bought by Idem. They still add interest to the phantom amount. Still send multiple statements etc..
    No CCA either. If it were enforceable they'd have sort possession.
    But as like you, they continue to pursue and use Field agents when does this become harassment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure