Comments

• juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hugs Buffy
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • Brief up date.........

1. Mum went to the doctors. Gave her antibiotics. She is now better.

2. During this I got sick. And I don't mean cold sick, I mean full temperature, heart thudding in my ears, shivers, sweats, vomiting, the full works. Spent two days in bed.

3. Got the shed sorted for the bunnies, got the old shed removed, and had the garden done (it is done every two weeks now how posh )

I am officially 4060 in debt by the way.

But I have a pond and no shed and tomorrow if I can get together enough I will start on the rabbit house.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that your maw is now better.
    Sorry that you have been ill.
    Take care of you.
    Great news on the garden.
    What's the story about the rabbit house?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Beanie,

Last year I had the shed put up to house the rabbits, then I had my op and was housebound for the summer, so couldn't move them out. Then over Winter it sort of sunk so I got the gardener to re level it so I can put it together for them. The door shuts properly now....always handy!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Meant to ask you Buffster, how is BIL now?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Meant to ask you Buffster, how is BIL now?

He is doing pretty well, eating some solid food and beiing responsive. Has been hard as we can't go to the hospital.

There was some issue with his heart today, an etopic beat Mum thinks... so am praying about that. Mum didn't really understand so it might not be serious.

But hard to tell!

Was going to do a lot tomorrow but best friend in the world has mad a surprise trip so shall be seeing her instead I expect

XXXXX
  • Glad to hear you're getting time with a friend.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 August 2017 at 7:36PM
    Evening,

I have been wasting my life on FB, all I do is wake up check my phone (BIL updates) waste time on FB, shower, feed animals, check FB, in so many groups - some are excellent, one on dog training is really good. a couple on organisation and money - I don't post on them, far too personal! and then there are the pet ones.

I don't know if anyone on here joins groups but the ones I have joined for Rabbits are just full of stuck up prissy tw@ts. no housing is ever big enough and you must not own other animals if you have rabbits.........I don't share pictures of my housing (rabbits are currently free range upstairs). Groups for guinea pigs are just the same - cage must be the entire living room and the panic induced if you do something like put guinea pigs on recently cut grass(without the cuttings there), my Lord, it is the end of the world as we know it.

So yes in between hospital updates that is it really. Definitely needs to stop. I made some progress with the rabbit shed, but it rained all day today so could do no more. started on the conservatory (for the 50th time) but found no less than 6 spiders so f55k that ! Came in here to check the finances....I am a bit poor. well not really. But I don't like being in debt again.

Saving - 4000
    (plus 440 for Christmas)

debt 1- 4060

debt 2 - 772 (tho I did have to order a fish filter for the pond another 149 pounds!)

money left from borrowing - 2300

Still need to do the dentist. which is about 1500.

But dentist can't happen until half term. so in will have a pay day before that. I must stop spending money on my credit card.

In another news, I really fancy the bloke who plays Barry Allen in Flash.

feel a bit sick.ugh.
  • Had dinner and feel less yucky. I have a bite on my neck - not from a sexy vampire man sadly but it has swollen up a fair bit. I feel generally itchy!!

Just had to order a new air pump for the fish tank.

11 pounds. not bad. last one lasted 3 years.

I am debating whether or not to join the scrimping September challenge........
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    FB is both interesting for a nosey person like me but disheartening when it appears everyone is having a much better time than you. However, when I was worried about you Beanie said you'd been posting on there so not all bad. I'm not one who posts everything on there to be honest, mainly when I'm on holiday, I don't often do anything interesting.

We spend a fortune on pumps for the pond, although the last one has done well.

I so need to scrimp in September, might look for that challenge.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport