Economy energy final bill

mrochester
mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Hi

Has anyone had their final bill from economy energy yet?

Many thanks.

Comments

• No, nor had one from OVO because I moved from them too.

• Hi ,just got an email today from economy energy saying I must pay them over £1600 within 10 days or It will be passed to debt collection. Total bomb shell , I always gave them my readings every month and even phoned to make sure I was paying enough which they said I was I am in total shock.. they advised I must pay and have no rights now because they are in administration and there is no one to complain to..
    ☹️
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,091 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Billyab

Have a look at your last bill - what is the bottom line showing a debit ? Are the meter readings showing E ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Mr.Everready
    Mr.Everready Posts: 198 Forumite
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Billyab

Have a look at your last bill - what is the bottom line showing a debit ? Are the meter readings showing E ?

Everyones last bill was a total fabrication.

Did you have an online account ? That is still active.

I contacted OVO asking whats happening.

I sincerely apologise for the lack of contact regarding this issue.

I have spoken to the Agreed Reads team who are dealing with your case and they have informed me that they are waiting for Economy Energy's administrators to provide us with the opening meter reading for your account.

We are actively chasing this information from the administrators every 10 working days, so hopefully it will be sent to us very soon.

Until we receive this, we are unable to bill you for your time spent on supply with OVO. This is because we need to ensure that your bill is absolutely accurate and correct. As soon as they send us the opening meter readings, we will assess their accuracy and bill you accordingly.

I appreciate the situation has been lengthy and most probably frustrating for you, and for this I apologise.

The Agreed Reads team will be in touch with you directly as soon as there is an update for you.

• Mr.Everready
    Mr.Everready Posts: 198 Forumite
    Billyab wrote: »
    Hi ,just got an email today from economy energy saying I must pay them over £1600 within 10 days or It will be passed to debt collection. Total bomb shell , I always gave them my readings every month and even phoned to make sure I was paying enough which they said I was I am in total shock.. they advised I must pay and have no rights now because they are in administration and there is no one to complain to..
    ☹️

If it's incorrect readings then of course you can complain.

• Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Flt._Lt._Biggles Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 June 2019 at 6:13PM
    mrochester wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks.
    No, nor had one from OVO because I moved from them too.

Everyones last bill was a total fabrication.
    :huh: .

I'm struggling how you can make the latest statement when yesterday you made the other statement.

Also struggling to understand how you can be in a disputed meter reading dispute, unless you have a bill to dispute the reads from.
  • mrochester wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks.

I think the answer is yes, some have, but perhaps not everyone yet. Economy Energy internal accounts were left in a bit of a nightmare state, according to some reports.
  • teamgb
    teamgb Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Still no final bill from Economy Energy.

Ovo have used a fabricated start reading for electric which they claim was agreed with EE. They tried to fob me off but in the end they gave me a credit to cover the extra cost.

I have worked out that EE owe me money. I have moved from Ovo and I owe them money which will not be paid until I get a the final bill from EE.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The Economy Energy administrators uploaded a "pro forma invoice" indicating a credit to the EE portal. This is absolutely correct to the penny.

Ovo, on the other hand, contrived a statement using estimated readings to increase the Ovo bill and claimed that these had been agreed with EE.

Eventually, Ovo must apply the credit and use the correct readings otherwise I would be paying some fuel twice.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The Economy Energy administrators uploaded a "pro forma invoice" indicating a credit to the EE portal. This is absolutely correct to the penny.

Ovo, on the other hand, contrived a statement using estimated readings to increase the Ovo bill and claimed that these had been agreed with EE.

Eventually, Ovo must apply the credit and use the correct readings otherwise I would be paying some fuel twice.

After looking at the EE threads on MSE in the past 2 days i decided to look at my account and the page after login was a bit about the administrators and then it told me what i owe them which was £13 odd.

I left Last July with a credit balance and after lots of emails, calls and threats of court action 1 week before they went belly up i got the money back by DD indemnity as the still took the DD's after i left.

I got a call from OVO in March to keep me upto date and that was all i heard.

The money i owe them is spot on and today i paid them by credit card and i hope this is the end now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure