NST Super September Scrimping challenge

Comments

• I'd like to join please. I need to be held accountable for my spending, the last couple of months have been so difficult. Things should improve hugely in October but I would like to start my good habits now in advance of the change, and in preparation for the dreaded C word in December.

I plan on practicing yoga at least 3x per week, although hoping to build to daily. I have 2 birthdays and have allocated £125 altogether for those and have budgeted £350 for the month on groceries.
    Restarted my journey toward financial stability on 1st September 2021 - I will succeed!

Total debt - £39888.13 @ 31.08.21

Current debt - £21270.51 @ 29.12.2023
    Paid to date: £18617.62

DFD: Aiming for end of 2028
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in. The summer has been lovely but I need to start knuckling down again. Can we add some tips for getting ready for winter n Christmas? I have lots of September birthdays but need to plan ahead too.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Just realised i forgot a space post for all the names, oops. Will sort that tomorrow.

Dizzyblnd, sure we can do that. Anyone, who has hints and tips for winter and Christmas prep can share them. I'll add mine as i go along too.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Count me in please thrifty. I must try harder.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Shakey87
    Shakey87 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Please can I join? I'm new here :wave: I need to stop wasting money on coffee and expensive lunches when I've forgotten to pack my own!!
  • clippy_girl
    clippy_girl Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    I would like to join please :)

I'm not back from holiday until 4th sept though (currently in LA in 36c heat :j:eek:)

Definitely need to rein it in when I'm back! :)
    :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Count me in please :) Thanks thrifty
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Hi Thriftylass

Former NSK conscript here. My good habits have slipped a bit lately and I want to get back on the wagon. Count me in please, will be back later with my targets, esp the NSDs, it's become too easy to spend a few £ here and there. Looking forward to it all. SL.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Looks like a great challenge, Thrifty, but I'm on holiday for most of September so I don't think realistically I'll be able to join this month. However, I shall read every day and do the exercise, at least. Good luck, all.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hi,

Can I join in too? Have slipped a lot with my MSE habits as life got in the way for last few months but keen to get back on track and rebuild my savings. This will be a spendy month :eek::eek: as have a family wedding in Italy, another planned weekend away, lots of September birthdays and am moving house as well. Why do I do this to myself!!

Need the strictness of this challenge though so will get my budget and plans finalised ready for Friday. At least I know the beauty spends will be easy target as have drawers bulging with lotions and potions to use up :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure