Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Very jealous of your trip to see RSC , it's something I have on my bucket list about number 21 I think.

Swimming isn't for everyone , I am sure you will find something suitable !
  • ej22
    ej22 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Subscribing
    Old signature:OD 0/1500, CC 0/1300New signature:OD 0/2000, CC 20/337
    GC 0/200, NSD 2/15, EF 250/500
    WL 2/30kg
  • Pilates is similar to Yoga as it uses gentle stretching movements that exercise all your muscles and particularly your core muscles. It looks gentle but is a killer as it's a strengthening exercise. I can't imagine that it would hurt your foot as many of the exercises are floor based.

I love all your Christmas shenanigans :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thanks Cumbria - it’ll be the first time I will see them on their home ground so to speak - only ever caught up with them in London before. Stratford should be very Christmassy I think - looking forward to mooching about there!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Pilates is similar to Yoga as it uses gentle stretching movements that exercise all your muscles and particularly your core muscles. It looks gentle but is a killer as it's a strengthening exercise. I can't imagine that it would hurt your foot as many of the exercises are floor based.

I love all your Christmas shenanigans :)

Thanks Hairy. I think I will definitely look into it as there is a studio close to my home. The stretching should help as well as I feel like a stiff old crock lately!:(
    🌟
  • ej22 wrote: »
    Subscribing

Hello ej and welcome. :hello:
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,249 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    We used to go to Stratford for the weekend regularly before Mr SA got ill as it's not too far from us. Went on a work trip there at Christmas a couple of years ago. They have a Christmas market but unfortunately the organiser got the day wrong and we went on a non market day!!! We were all a bit miffed as where we live has a fab Christmas market every day!

Enjoy - there are loads of nice places to eat and drink - the dirty duck (Black Swan) is good and very close to the RSC.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Thanks SA - DD likes to take charge on food and has booked all the evening restaurants but the Black Swan sounds a good recommendation and I’ll make a point of booking a lunch there.

Your disastrous trip sounds a bit like one I nearly had. A few years ago DSis organised a works Xmas coach trip to France to stock up on booze and have lunch and I was going along too. However that day the French port workers went on strike so we couldn’t go. We had the coach all ready and waiting so there was a discussion on where to go instead. The first two suggestions were (I) shopping trip to the West End (I didn’t want to go as I worked at the West End at the time and didn’t want to spend my day off there,) or (ii) a trip to the seaside town where I live!!!! Luckily DSis suggested Brighton so we ended up there! Though she did say we could’ve all piled round to mine for a drink if we had gone to up Seasideville!
    🌟
  • lashie
    lashie Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi SSG
    I have read your diary from the start but never post as I never have anything to contribute! I can however offer an opinion on Pilates.
    I have done Pilates for over 5 years and I love it. It is an amazing strengthening exercise and as long as you discuss any medical conditions with your teacher they should be able to advise if it is suitable for you and offer you an alteration to the move in class if the move would put to much pressure on your foot.
    I would suggest that you go along to your studio and have a chat with them, I am sure they will advise you and probably offer you a taster class.
    Pilates is all about core work and focuses on this in all the moves, its harder than it looks and many people don't see it as proper exercise because it's hardcore however you will break a sweat so whilst it's not great for weight loss it's brilliant for strength which is very important as you get older.
    Anyway just an opinion for you to consider.
    Hope your foot improves.
  • Hi lashie :hello: Thank you so much for your really helpful and useful post. I’ve been in touch with the studio and they arranged for one of the Pilates teachers to call me back. She is away on a course at the moment but we have a one on one session next Saturday. There are also group classes that I can take as well. Really looking forward to it!:j

Foot still playing up but hopefully will mend a bit before next weekend. Today was busyish in work, but a complete NSD - no pressies or anything, budgeted or otherwise, paid out for today. Went for a couple of drinks after work with boss and toddled off home.

Task tomorrow will be wrapping up the pressies I’ve already bought and some batch cooking. DSis, OH and little nephew popping over on Sunday afternoon so looking forward to seeing them.

SSG x
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts