Pip payments hellp

Lee_7772
Lee_7772 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 21 June 2018 at 12:32PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Just asking after a week on phone and been told bankrupt was for me because all I get is pip the bank that I owe money to is also get my pip payments in dose anyone no can I get it it out or do I change banks
Any help appreciate
Thank you for your time

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Organisation Representative
    Hi Lee and welcome to the forum

I'm unsure if you have already been made bankrupt, and if you are referring to taking money out before or after a bankruptcy order has been made.

When you are made bankrupt your bank account will be frozen. If the OR has no interest in it, it will be down to the bank whether they decide to let you continue to use the account. It's very unlikely a bank will let you keep an account if one of their debts has just be included in your bankruptcy.

Up until you are made bankrupt and the account is frozen you can continue to pay money in and out. Bear in mind if you owe the bank money there is a risk of them taking money from the bank account to pay off any arrears, although guidance states if money in the account has been paid by a government department for a specific purpose it should not be taken. This could apply to PIP as it is specifically paid for the extra costs of your illness or disability.

Best wishes

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure