TalkMobile - taking DDs after contract closed

Options

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, I cancelled on 28 Dec 17, and....
    Did you obtain your PAC at that time, or at a later date (which could reset the thirty days)?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you gave your notice on 28 December?

Therefore your notice period would have ended 28 January. It's likely you had a direct debit in January before that date and a final pro rata bill should have been the end of February. Is that what you mean by "taking DDs in March"?

If the statement date was earlier than 28th January (which in all probability it was) and they then exceeded their pro-rata allowance up to 28th January there would have been a final bill in February with a potential direct debit in March. Then again, with such a jumbled description from someone else who doesn't seem to understand how their contract works I could be wrong... perhaps they didn't actually give notice in December - wouldn't be the first time someone thought they had because they didn't know what they were doing.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If the statement date was earlier than 28th January (which in all probability it was) and they then exceeded their pro-rata allowance up to 28th January there would have been a final bill in February with a potential direct debit in March. Then again, with such a jumbled description from someone else who doesn't seem to understand how their contract works I could be wrong... perhaps they didn't actually give notice in December - wouldn't be the first time someone thought they had because they didn't know what they were doing.

Yep, that's quite possible.
    ====
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Someone else who doesn't understand things. I've had loads of TM contracts - still have one left for another 12 months - they definitely do NOT "naturally come to an end" - neither do any from anywhere else. They never have.

Whilst I do agree it is somewhat misleading and not right that networks quote contracts as being "24 months" when, in fact they are merely referring to the minimum term there ain't a lot any of us can do about it.

People either learn to play the game and understand the rules beforehand or appear on here ranting and ravingafter signing on the dotted line (not metaphorically for those who only see literal) and ignoring the reality time after time for absolutely no point - except to drawn attention to their own complete lack of understanding of just about everything.

Retained for future reference.

Liked by d123 (Today), Inner Zone (Today), zx81 (Today)
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    Someone else who doesn't understand things. I've had loads of TM contracts - still have one left for another 12 months - they definitely do NOT "naturally come to an end" - neither do any from anywhere else. They never have.

If you log in to your account you don't see the end date for your contract near the top of the page?
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If Talkmobile are foolish to use the phrase "end date" in this context , then you should be checking the T&Cs of your contract thoroughly.

I suspect you re in a standard minimum term contract but that that date is labelled misleadingly and you have grounds for complaint. Make sure you keep updated screenshots of it, if you ever intend to rely upon it.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2018 at 8:50AM
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    If you log in to your account you don't see the end date for your contract near the top of the page?

I do. That means the end of the period I (and Talkmobile) am contracted to pay for. As with all contracts, 30 days before (and any time thereafter) that date I am free to leave with 30 day's notice and no penalty (or obtain and excerise a PAC, naturally).
  • SnowTiger
    Options
    I do. That means the end of the period I (and Talknobile) am contracted to pay for. As with all contracts, 30 days before (and any time thereafter) that date I am free to leave with 30 day's notice and no penalty (or obtain and excerise a PAC, naturally).

It clearly says "contract ends" and gives a date.

It mentions nothing about about 30 days or a PAC.

It clearly specifies a date when the contract ends. TalkMobile even use the words "contract ends".

I'd like you, d123, Inner Zone and zx81 to explain why you read that and think hey, ho, the contract doesn't end on that date.

I accept that most mobile phone contacts continue after the minimum period, however TalkMobile (and TalkTalk Mobile) give a specific date when the contract ends.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I accept that most mobile phone contacts continue after the minimum period, however TalkMobile (and TalkTalk Mobile) give a specific date when the contract ends.
    So their customers' service is discontinued after that date?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    It clearly says "contract ends" and gives a date.

It mentions nothing about about 30 days or a PAC.

It clearly specifies a date when the contract ends. TalkMobile even use the words "contract ends".

I'd like you, d123, Inner Zone and zx81 to explain why you read that and think hey, ho, the contract doesn't end on that date.

My TalkMobile account shows:

Contract ends 25 August 2017

So why going by your perverse logic is the SIM is still alive and I have not lost my number and monthly DD still being requested and paid?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure