Paypal Direct Debits

Comments

• I'm glad it isn't just me, I tried whilst in the middle of holiday to manually pull the DD's and the option wasn't there. Annoyingly it will cost me the interest on a couple of accounts. I will try the app tomorrow and failing that the paying your partner method.
  • wearside_2
    wearside_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    I have just tried this using two current accounts that did not earn interest last month:mad: as there was only one DD paid on each. I'll check in a couple of days to see if the payments have been pulled by DD and if so 'Robert is my mother's brother' :D
    To Dare is To Do:beer:
  • If you follow through the process to set up standing order you receive email stating a direct debit instruction has been sent to your bank. When this DD is complete i'm going to delete the standing order. Good luck.
  • In the Paypal app today the Add Money functionality does not work.

Can you explain precisely all steps of an alternative way to get a Direct debit please?
  • Yes I found that in the app the other day, so instead I tried the 'send money to another person' (my partner) and got him to do the same back. I am waiting for the DD to show up, I will put the steps up once I have the DD showing in my account, providing you have someone you can swap money with.
  • What with Tesco also removing the facility to fund their savings accounts via direct debit, I suspect someone's got wise to the loophole many on here have been using to create direct debits
  • camaj
    camaj Posts: 504 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had money taken from my Natwest account, which shows up as a DD to Paypal. I decided to set up my TSB account but that shows up as a faster payment option. Maybe different banks handle it differently.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    camaj wrote: »
    I've had money taken from my Natwest account, which shows up as a DD to Paypal. I decided to set up my TSB account but that shows up as a faster payment option. Maybe different banks handle it differently.

No, they don't.

However, Paypal has fairly recently withdrawn DD as a method of funding your account.
  • camaj
    camaj Posts: 504 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    badger09 wrote: »
    No, they don't.

However, Paypal has fairly recently withdrawn DD as a method of funding your account.

According to some people in this thread September this year. According to Natwest though PP is one of my DD which was last used in November
  • Is the entire facility for direct debits for PayPal being removed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure