Booking first holiday in years

Hey forum

So it's been around 15 years since my last holiday (greece) booked through a high st branch.

I was wondering what tips you have to save money or find the best deals I don't have any rough expectations other than sunny, near a beach and not 3rd world.

I am a single male 38 years old

I know I can jump on to all the main sites and stuff like onthebeach etc etc just wondering if there are tips to get a good deal with the big boys?
'Save £1,100 in 2019' #81

£50/£1100

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Either put it together yourself and book flights/accommodation direct with the supplier or book a true package holiday. Don't go through sites like Onthebeach or Travel Republic that will just cobble together separate elements anyway. If you're happy with that you should just do it yourself and cut out the middleman.
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 January 2019 at 10:32AM
    If you don't know what you want, or where you could go then you can use the Package holiday packages as a guide - then edit and put it together yourself.

For Flights I use SkyScanner and Momondo - These will compare prices, but do research any OTA you use. If going direct is a few more £, just buy direct with the airline!

For Hotels I use Trivago (and hope that hotels.com comes up top so I get free nights - a free night after 10).

Always remember TopCashBack/QuidCo/Avios rewards portals.

If you go for a package holiday, you will get ATOL protection however, but if you choose a decent airline + hotel, that would mitigate most risks. Always have travel insurance!

The only "package holiday" I've bought is a BA Car + Hotel + Flight deal.
  • bradqwer
    bradqwer Posts: 125 Forumite
    what airport does plays da america fly into ?
    'Save £1,100 in 2019' #81

£50/£1100
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    For Playa de las Americas you would need Tenerife South Airport - see the wikipedia page to get a rough idea of which airlines fly there from which airports:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife_South_Airport
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business