DIY wedding - events staff?

hi

I'm doing most of the work for my daughter's wedding next year, she's having a wedding picnic buffet which I'm sorting, and then we're getting a hog roast for the evening.

But I will need half a dozen staff or so to serve reception drinks, run the buffet, and wash up and clear away. I've emailed quite a few agency type places to no avail. What do others do? I do work in a school so I was thinking about getting a bunch of 6th formers and a adult friend to manage them on the day, but I am unsure of the legalities of this!

Anyone done something similar or offer words of advice?
thank you

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Do not get 6th formers to serve at your daughters wedding. They will be completely untrained and will be more hassle than they are worth. This is literally a one off for them, theres no incentive at all to do a good job.

Stick with events staff, thats the route you need to go down if you want decent servers.

Ours was a DIY wedding but we where recommended some local staff by the venue as they had worked there before.

It might be worth you ringing around local venues that allow for more tailored weddings and ask them where they get there additional staff when required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure