Free Xmas gift cheques discussion

MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
articlealert2_banner.gif

Hi, we've designed special new printable Xmas gift cheques for you to print and give to friends.

Please let us know your feedback. Do you have any fab Xmas cheque 'gift' ideas, eg, promising to give your special someone a backrub, babysit for friends or mow Dad's lawn?

Thanks
for your help

MSE Jenny

Comments

• aworbey
    aworbey Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    These are wicked, exactly what I wanted for my partner as she wants clothes and this way I cover all available shops as I can just buy her gifts as and when up to the value of the cheques. Also it means I dont have the outlay up front :)
    If you like my post, please click the THANKS :)

:love:Marrying my gorgeous partner & best friend, 4th May 2013 :love:
  • BRILLIANT - these gifts can be naughty - or nice!
    :beer:
  • Tulip
    Tulip Posts: 29,324 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    thats wicked :) thanks Martin and the MSE Team,be a great joke to pull at christmas :rotfl:
  • tgroom57
    tgroom57 Posts: 1,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm going to write some cheques for babysitting. I love babysitting my grandson -but 12 hours at a time? My daughter overlooks the true value of the service she's getting.

I'd like to receive gift cheques for:
    a car trip to B&Q to get that 'cut-to-size' shelf I need so badly
    colour your hair at home, from my daughter

But the best thing is- these cheques will allow me to share some of my recent win with my family.
  • Another alternative is to give charity vouchers - the receiver gets to choose which charity the money goes to. A good example is charityvouchers dot org
  • Perfect idea....
    Is there a way of being able to type in the details, then print, rather than printing and handwriting?

Thanks
  • chris_n_tj
    chris_n_tj Posts: 2,659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brilliant thanks just what we needed. Great idea and saved me a time I havnt got xxxxx
    RIP TJ. You my be gone, but never forgotten. Always in our hearts xxx
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader.
    He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
  • reihtec
    reihtec Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 24 December 2013 at 12:39PM
    I think these are great!

I used them last year and was going to use them again this year, but the design hasn't been updated which kind of makes it a bit boring.

Could you maybe consider a few more designs/colours? Please?

Edit: Obviously a bit late for this year, but something to consider for next year maybe?
  • reihtec
    reihtec Posts: 30 Forumite
    I went searching for some free templates and I found a site that had some really nice and decent free word templates. So I'm sharing here in case it helps someone else and saves them time and money.

http://www.hloom.com/free-gift-certificate-templates-for-christmas/
  • Special_T wrote: »
    Perfect idea....
    Is there a way of being able to type in the details, then print, rather than printing and handwriting?

Thanks

If you have photoshop or another type of programme like that, which allows you to take a picture stored on your computer and change it by adding words etc, then simply save the 'cheque' to your pictures folder(s) then open up the picture in your photoshop programe (or similar) and add the wording you wish to be printed on the cheque, then simply print out the cheque on your printer.

GREAT cheques MSE Jenny!
    Many thanks for them, - wishing you a blessed and happy Christmas!

Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback