Top Cashback Sites Article Discussion

Comments

• nat21luv
    nat21luv Posts: 3,434 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Cashback Cashier
    Spotted the £136 cashback when signing up to EE broadband and line rental with TCB. Line rental is £132 a year so it works out as free line rental and broadband for only £2.50pm for 12 months :)

Cashback tracked straight away! Saving me a fortune :)

Made £606 cashback this year and lowered my bills too.
    £20k in 2023 = £2718 £2023 in 2023 = £196.41 Grocery challenge £250= £195.80 **MONEY MAKES ME HAPPY**
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    If I do ANY online shopping I go through cash back sites- quidco, topcashback or NHS discounts. I have an NHS black card which gives me cash back in certain stores, and I check the sites like tcb, clicksnap and shopitize when I'm getting groceries.

Just on tcb this year I've had £300 :j and probably that much again through the others.

Just this week I shaved over £100 off my pet insurance renewal by going through tcb :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • smos585
    smos585 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Some very interesting posts - I'm here as I have become disillusioned with TCB. They've lost that competitive edge, retailers seem to be leaving or reducing their rates, Just done a comparison between TCB and get£back, so I think its worth jumping ship.

Anyone else disillusioned with TCB?
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 November 2014 at 9:26AM
    smos585 wrote: »
    Some very interesting posts - I'm here as I have become disillusioned with TCB. They've lost that competitive edge, retailers seem to be leaving or reducing their rates, Just done a comparison between TCB and get£back, so I think its worth jumping ship.

Anyone else disillusioned with TCB?

Me too.

A good site that reviews 10 different cashback sites http://cashback-websites-uk.no1reviews.com/

Would like some user feedback on getpoundsback - good or bad please.
  • wackynut
    wackynut Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Chutzpah Haggler Debt-free and Proud!
    I've been using cashback sites for some time now.
    So far I have got back around £300 from buying things that I would normally have bought and not received anything back for. Things like my garden shed, washing machine, car insurance, home insurance and every day items.
    There are even apps you can get now that you can claim money back for food items you purchase.
    Topcachback is great for me because I can cash out in Tesco clubcard points which I can then double/triple up to make them even more profitable. :money:
    N1LDA :)
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    I've made just over £480 back from using Topcashback whenever I do shopping online and when any of my insurances are due for renewal.

I will be cashing out my earnings this year for Amazon vouchers which I plan to use for any black Friday deals that grab my eye :D
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Can anyone get on the mutualpoints site? I just keep getting security warning for weeks now telling me not to continue to the site due to it being a security risk.
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    November2 wrote: »
    Can anyone get on the mutualpoints site? I just keep getting security warning for weeks now telling me not to continue to the site due to it being a security risk.
    Their security certificate expired about a month ago, so it is potentially no longer a secure site. Personally I wouldn't carry out any transactions on there until they fix it. It's not the first time either, so that, combined with the fact they have had a month to correct it and seemingly done nothing, I would be asking serious questions about whether it's a site I would want to be involved with.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 7 November 2014 at 10:00PM
    I made just over £200 on TOPCASHBACK last year and got my home insurance down from over £150 to £45 was well chuffed :j. Forgot to add I also got £24-50 cashback :j
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    I'm still getting click through emails from Mutualpoints however I've noticed my points total is creeping up very slowly and I'm certainly not being rewarded the 5 points each time. Pity as it used to be easy to reach the 3000 £20 threshold.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback