PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Comments

• I'm just cooking a lovely smelling chicken in my Remoska, can you tell me which would be the best way to make a stock from the carcass, in the Remoska or in my slow cooker? I usually just stick it in a pan on the hob.
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    :o Oh, I've had my first remoska disaster. *sobs*, it was the yorkshire pudding recipe from the cookbook that comes with it.....couldn't work out how 2 oz's of flour with 1 1/4 pints of milk would do yorkshire's!!!!

It was awful, its kind of seperated and bubbled or rather frothed, anyway it looks curdled so either my egg was off or something.

Waiting for it to cool down so I can bin it.
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I ended up using my own Yorkshire recipe in the Remoska and it workd better but difficult to remove from the pan.

Might try using a liner and then a couple of loaf tins to make yorkies in the Remoska and see how that works out.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hi there

I have concocted yorkies that we love in the (standard) remoska....
    1. put 100g plain flour in a jug
    2. add salt and some cracked black pepper
    3. Place it on the scales and add 1 egg
    4. add milk/water to make it upto 260g (including egg) and whisk until smooth
    5. then I stick it in the fridge until I want it
    6. drop a knob of lard in the deep pan and stick the lid on and switch on until its melted and hot
    Pour in the batter and stick the lid on... don't take the lid off until risen, set and brown

It lifts straight out and then we cut it in half -although it would be great for doing those ones that you fill ..it raises about 2 1/2" up the pan

I will post the pie recipe tomorrow :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • I also use my own yorkie recipe too (or should I say Brian Turners)
  • Triker wrote: »
    :o Oh, I've had my first remoska disaster. *sobs*, it was the yorkshire pudding recipe from the cookbook that comes with it.....couldn't work out how 2 oz's of flour with 1 1/4 pints of milk would do yorkshire's!!!!

It was awful, its kind of seperated and bubbled or rather frothed, anyway it looks curdled so either my egg was off or something.

Waiting for it to cool down so I can bin it.

Thank you Triker, I'm glad it wasn't just me, I did exactly the same the other week when I borrowed my aunts Remoska, I did think at the time that it was an awful lot of milk but thought the recipe must be right:rotfl: My lot just ate the crispy bit around the edges and I threw the rest!
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    There is an error in the Remoska recipe for yorkies. If spoken the recipe should read "one quarter pint milk". Somewhere along the line "one quarter" has been changed to "1 1/4". The metric measure in the recipe is 150ml - not exactly 1/4 pint but the usual translation of 1/4 pint to mls.

And I've used the metric measures of this recipe and had great toad in the hole in my grand.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Hi there

I have concocted yorkies that we love in the (standard) remoska....
    1. put 100g plain flour in a jug
    2. add salt and some cracked black pepper
    3. Place it on the scales and add 1 egg
    4. add milk/water to make it upto 260g (including egg) and whisk until smooth
    5. then I stick it in the fridge until I want it
    6. drop a knob of lard in the deep pan and stick the lid on and switch on until its melted and hot

Mrs M could you just clarify please? When you put the jug on the scales do you set it to zero before adding the egg/milk/water? Or is the 100g flour also part of the total 260g? :confused:

many thanks...... (my DH was born in Yorkshire and I really want to get this right)
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Sorry Champys

I do like to cause confusion :o
    once you have weighed the flour and added the seasoning -set the scales to zero
    Then throw in the egg and pour in milk/water to take it up to 260g -(so the egg and liquid should weigh 260g in total)

I think thats makes sense-just shout me if it doesn't :rotfl:
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Clear, Mrs M! I thought it was probably like that, but just wanted to make sure.

Yorkshire pud will definitely be on for a try-out now. Thanks a lot!
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure