Games or toy for a boy aged 7+.

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a toy or a game for an clever 7 year old boy. His parents are teachers so I suspect this boy is bright. Ideally, under £15 but could go up to £18.99.
I have been looking online for about and hour!

Comments

• Lego? Or something from the Happy Puzzle Company, maybe?
  • Rory's story cubes. They come in a variety of types. 3 main sets of 9 cubes & then you can buy (don't have to) additional sets of 3 cubes to vary the stories you create.

They're picture dice that you roll to create a story. Any story - whatever your imagination thinks!

https://www.storycubes.com/

Play alone or with others.

Ideal for anyone of any age/ability especially if out & about & need to pass the time. Also good for grandparents etc. to spend some quality non electronic time with the grandchildren.

We have several sets as they're good when you're on holiday & need to keep everyone amused! The box is small so fits easily into a bag or pocket.
    Lurking in a galaxy far far away...
  • pearl123
    pearl123 Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. I shall look into them.
  • What have you decided? I have a nephew around the same age, give me ideas! :D
  • kkgree1
    kkgree1 Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Our Godson is 7 and we have got him a case for his guitar and 2 of the David Walliams books. Didn't realise he had so many out and look great for that age range of boys!
    Mortgage free wannabe
    Mortgage (November 2010) £135,850
    Mortgage (November 2020) £4,784
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Spot it or Dobble is a great game.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • kkgree1 wrote: »
    Our Godson is 7 and we have got him a case for his guitar and 2 of the David Walliams books. Didn't realise he had so many out and look great for that age range of boys!

Last year we had a pack holiday for our Brownies, based around the David Walliams books.
  • I hope you managed to get ideas for a 7yr old. I have a 7yr son and he loves quitels which is beads set to make up different designs and spray with water to mesh together. He had 2 sets a dragon one and recently got a dinosaur one for his birthday which he loved doing himself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure