MSE Poll: Is a degree earnings-enhancing and life-enhancing?

2»

Comments

• When I left school 43 years ago a small minority went to college never mind university then bit by bit people kept dreaming up different courses for students to enrol on , many of them of little use in the real world, and now they have found that these qualifications are of no use whatsoever and they are 1000`s of £s in debt.
    I remember going to one of my daughters open nights at her high school and having a strong difference of opinion with a guy from Britannia Building society . He got quite upperty when I asked him what kind of maths qualifications he had and he said that he had none . He had a history of art degree ??????. Britannia went bump soon after maybe because no one who worked for them knew anything about maths so I rest my case.
    Go to uni if you are 100% sure that you have got the what it takes to pass your course otherwise get a job and get paid while you train .
    Finally don`t ask me to subsidise your lifestyle . If you think that you have got what it takes to get a good job and earn good money good luck to you but for every 1 that gets a good job many more end up with a mundane job because they shouldn`t have gone to uni in the first place .In other words I agree with student loans
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure