Help: how do I get this person to just pay on time?

Hello

I was looking to get some advice on how to deal with someone who consistently forgets to pay a monthly service charge for the freehold we are a part of.

Where I am currently living, each flat owner also holds a portion of the freehold. Each flat pays into the freehold account £50 each month. The lady who owns the basement flat always ‘forgets’ to pay. Myself and the other flat owners are constantly chasing her to remind her to pay. She typically goes about 6 months in arrears, pays a lump sum and then always forgets to set up a monthly standing order. After several years of this we are quite fed up.

She does not live there, so we don’t see her. She never responds to emails or text messages. We tried calling her countless times. On the rare occasion she answers, she says she will do it and then does nothing. Even a signed for letter to her home address had no impact.

It is getting very tiring to keep going in circles. I was wondering if anyone has any advice that may help resolve this for us. One the one hand I do feel silly asking, as it really should be simple. But years on we are still experiencing the same thing. So here we are...

Thank you for reading!!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family