Together Energy?

Comments

• locky123 wrote: »
    Received email today asking for meter reading and to register for access to online account. Registration straightforward, gave reading and viewed 16/10 bill.

We are just about ready to send you your latest statement.

It would be great if you could send us up to date meter readings in the next 4 days.

The easiest way to submit your readings is via our customer portal . You can register for your online customer portal - here .

If you prefer, you can reply to this email with your readings. Remember to specify in the email which one is gas and which one is electricity. If you need help reading your meter you can call our team on 0333 150 1699.
    Received identical email today, submitted readings and within 5 minutes, latest statement was available on line with todays readings and calculations. Happy!
  • I switched to these recently, having seen on here that they were offering the best deal. I'm trying to be forgiving as they're a smaller outfit... but it's a bit shambolic so far.

I received 3 emails in the run up to my switch, all with varying dates/amounts for initial and regular payments. An email to support about this went unanswered. They took money as I guessed they might (!), working on the assumption that the final email was correct; but the regular payment date I requested appears to be wrong, I received no request for readings (also necessary to extract myself from ScottishPower... who are also not being exactly transparent!), there's a bill amount on their site which doesn't match what I've just paid, and when I try to submit readings, it doesn't appear to stick. Apart from that, all good :)
  • I switched to these recently, having seen on here that they were offering the best deal. I'm trying to be forgiving as they're a smaller outfit... but it's a bit shambolic so far.

I received 3 emails in the run up to my switch, all with varying dates/amounts for initial and regular payments. An email to support about this went unanswered. They took money as I guessed they might (!), working on the assumption that the final email was correct; but the regular payment date I requested appears to be wrong, I received no request for readings (also necessary to extract myself from ScottishPower... who are also not being exactly transparent!), there's a bill amount on their site which doesn't match what I've just paid, and when I try to submit readings, it doesn't appear to stick. Apart from that, all good :)
    Sorry to hear you're having issues. I only went with them on the basis of recommendations (and price!)... and all in all, its been painless. I can't help wondering if its something to do with the switching between the two companies - I've picked up on some other issues with Ovo switches but nothing with Scottish Power - I can only suggest trying their customer services people again as they've always been very responsive. Hope it sorts itself out.
  • Sorry to hear you're having issues. I only went with them on the basis of recommendations (and price!)... and all in all, its been painless. I can't help wondering if its something to do with the switching between the two companies - I've picked up on some other issues with Ovo switches but nothing with Scottish Power - I can only suggest trying their customer services people again as they've always been very responsive. Hope it sorts itself out.

Thanks for your response :) By this evening I'd still heard nothing from them, so I tried calling rather than email. The welcome letter from November 17th gives a number which it says is open 10 til 7. I called it... and a recorded message told me they're closed, open 9 til 6 Mon - Thurs, and 9 til 5 Fri. Guess I'll try again in morning!
  • Don’t understand the confusion, hopefully it sorts itself in the morning ...
  • Gave them a ring this morning. Readings I submitted for the switch were received, there was just no way of telling I'd succeeded until I phoned. Hopefully things will improve once the switch is complete.
  • Once the switch is complete you should get an invite to create an online account so you’ll be able to submit readings, see your record and bills etc.
  • I transferred at the end of July and, despite emailed requests, no bill or log-in to date. I have sent meter readings every month.

I phoned today and was told it would be organised but three-monthly billing has turned into 5-monthly (if it comes soon). I do keep my own records but anybody with an underestimated DD could end up with substantial arrears.
    Je suis sabot...
  • I switched to Together Energy in October and, so far, I have not been sent an invite to Log-in to their Site or details of how to send meter readings despite numerous requests. Appears that they do not respond to emails, only telephone calls. Never had such poor customer service - Big 6 much better on service in my experience if not on price! Be wary of switching.
  • I'm going through a switch with Together Energy and I've had different emails, different days, stating different amounts of direct debits to be taken. It appears that they charge in advance and add 20% for the winter period and reduce the payment in the Spring. This wasn't conveyed to me during my switch, so makes budgeting a bit more difficult.

I have tried to call them over the last couple of days, loads of times but never get an answer.

I went on a review site and posted negatively with regard to their communications - they aim to answer within 60 seconds! I also commented that there appeared to be loads of positive reviews naming the assistant they spoke to, which I found unusual. Within 20 minutes I received an email about the review I posted, saying that they had tried to contact me but it appeared they were one digit short of my number. I duly replied with my correct number and am waiting for a call!

I'm due to transfer on the 17th or 18th - depending on which email I believe and am concerned. I'm not sure about the cooling off period I have which I will have to look into.

I'm not too happy so far with this company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure