Rambling on...

Comments

• No you're right. We've been going for many years and rent a lovely apartment from a lovely lady right in the center. We have friends who live in Yorkshire and it is just a perfect half way meeting place for us. Also it's big enough for my son and their children to pitch up for a couple of days. It's lovely because it's much quieter than in the summer when it is so busy. It is just such a chill out holiday away from the madness of Christmas. I am so looking forward to it. I think we sometimes take for granted the beautiful places we have in the UK.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Oh, that sounds wonderful!
    Would love to do something like that, rent a wee place, a wee cottage out of the way for a wee while...
    The Lakes is a truly beautiful place and Keswick (Derwent Water) one of my favourite places.
    I know you'll have a grand time :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • I think we sometimes take for granted the beautiful places we have in the UK.
    True. I think it's the unreliable weather, but when the weather is decent I think the UK can be stunning...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • UncannyScot
    Morning Folks :D

Monday again and raring to go...

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, have a good one
    :A
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Have a good day US x
  • UncannyScot
    Evening folks :D

Good day at work today, good start to the week...

I am going to start using my slow cooker during these colder months and tomorrow when I get up for work I will be prepping and setting to cook Steak n Ale Stew with some of own Uncanny Ale... have a good n easy recipe that I will be adapting to my own taste :D

I shall also be doing the Scottish classic, "Stovies" (Gran's recipe of course) and various other dishes...
    I really need to get myself back into the habit of meal planning. Lately it has been just a case of what can I grab on way home... and I don't want to keep doing that as it is not an MSE way of food shopping.

So, this evening I grabbed the necessary ingredients to do enough stew to last me the rest of the week for approx. £7 :D

Hope you folks all had good days today
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • And are you going to share Grans recipe? I have the end of a joint of beef and I have kept the dripping.

Proper beef dripping with brown oozing bits. Can't think which Pratchett book he goes on about that, but it always makes me hungry. One of the city watch ones maybe.

I found my long lost copy of Nanny Oggs cookbook last week and keep meaning to re-read that too.
  • UncannyScot
    And are you going to share Grans recipe? I have the end of a joint of beef and I have kept the dripping.

Proper beef dripping with brown oozing bits. Can't think which Pratchett book he goes on about that, but it always makes me hungry. One of the city watch ones maybe.

I found my long lost copy of Nanny Oggs cookbook last week and keep meaning to re-read that too.
    I might share Gran's recipe... bear in mind though that every family seems to have different recipes and they all swear that theirs is the best, of course they're all wrong cos my Grans' was the best...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • i think its the best because it tastes how you remember if that makes sense?

I've made them off a couple of blogs but never had them as a child so always interested in new options.
  • UncannyScot
    Quick question, hoping for quick response...
    What setting for slow cooker? It's the one thing missing from the recipe I have...
    It's meant to cook for approx. 8 hours, can be longer if desired...
    I have it currently on low but i'm about to head off for work in next 10 minutes, will this be OK or should I set it on High?
    HELP!!!!!
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure