Problems with setting up a Nationwide a/c online

I have received my card, PIN & account number for a Flex Direct a/c with Nationwide, but when I enter my customer number it also asks for my passnumber, which I don't have because it didn't ask me to create one.

I thought I must have to re-register online again, but it won't accept my email address because it was used last week to apply to open an account.

I have no idea what to do next (and the Nationwide website is not secure according to my Chrome browser, whilst IE says it is). :think:

Comments

• ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Are you using the 'Log in using my memorable data' option? That asks for your Passnumber. If you use the 'Log in using my card reader' option it doesn't. You can change your passnumber once logged in under the 'Manage my details & settings' tab
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
  • tel_
    tel_ Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    xylophone wrote: »

Yes, I did. I even tried to re-register but got this message:

As you've registered within the past 7 days you can't register again at this time, as doing so could invalidate your log in details. If you registered via the postal process, you should receive your log in details shortly. If you haven't received them within 3-5 working days of the date you originally registered then please contact us.
  • tel_
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Are you using the 'Log in using my memorable data' option? That asks for your Passnumber. If you use the 'Log in using my card reader' option it doesn't. You can change your passnumber once logged in under the 'Manage my details & settings' tab

I used the 'Log in using memorable data' option, as I don't have a card reader. But I don't have a passnumber.
  • Hello Tel,
    I would suggest you give Nationwide a phone call. Have all the relevant details to hand, and explain your query.
    One of the options on phone menu is for current a/c applications already in progress (or words to that effect).
    May be more fruitful than guesswork, however helpful and well meaning, provided on here.
    Regards
    mrwmartin
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,039 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    tel_ wrote: »
    I used the 'Log in using memorable data' option, as I don't have a card reader. But I don't have a passnumber.
    Do you have a card reader from another bank? Many of them are interchangeable
  • tel_
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Do you have a card reader from another bank? Many of them are interchangeable

I don't have a card reader either.

Thanks for every ones help. I thought it was a simple error on my part, but maybe not. I will try my final option and give them a call as advised by mrwmartin.
  • CatLady13
    CatLady13 Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I had the same problem and gave them a call. I cannot remember what happened but I might have had to wait for my card reader (or you can pick one up in a branch)
  • tel_
    CatLady13 wrote: »
    I had the same problem and gave them a call. I cannot remember what happened but I might have had to wait for my card reader (or you can pick one up in a branch)

Thanks for the post Cat Lady.

I think I might cancel now anyway. What with the website's authenticity as well I don't have much confidence that my money would be safe with them!
  • I've been having the same issues. Created account with memorable data, created a six digit code as asked and thought that was my passcode, wrong! Can't log in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure