IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Dishonest parking charge UPKC

Options
Hi,

I don't even know where to start with this one but i am really running out of patience and about to have a mental breakdown :mad:

I have been trying to sort this out for the last 2 days and I already know that I have made some mistakes now that I gdiscover your forum and and gone through the newbies post.

2 days ago I received a letter from Debt recovery Plus demanding payment for unpaid parking charge from UK Parking Control Ltd

This letter came as a shock as to this date UKPC have failed to notify me that I received a Parking Charge Notice and that I owe them any money.
The letter from debt collectors says they have tried to contact me previously however they were unable to get a response and now they used their tracking service to establish my new address.

The parking charge date is 21/03/2018, I moved out of my house in June 2018, in that period of time I had no correspondence from UKPC, I am between house moves now, living in temporary accommodation ( house sell fell through, long story) and will be in my new house hopefully within the next 4 weeks.

yes I changed the address but this doesn't change the fact that i haven't had any letters from them for 3 months.
I also spoke to DVLA on 2 occasions and they confirmed that I do not need to change my address on the driving licence in the mean time.

I have called Debt recovery Plus ( now I know I shouldn't have done ), they told me there is nothing I can do and that I overstayed at the car park for almost 24 hrs!! this is a pure lie, the car was possibly at the same car park ( shop ) 2 consecutive days on separate occasions but it was not left there for almost 2 days, looks like they are faking the parking charges again.

Then I called the UKPC, i just called the number on their website and it took my though to their sales department, the guy gave me the right number but told me they are only open till 1pm ( and it was after 4pm ), surprise!

Anyway, today I tried to ring them again - all I get is 'service is closed'. I cant find anything other number for them.
I have also found some articles and info on this forum that UKPC have been previously suspended by DVLA for faking parking charges, I called DVLA they weren't much help in this instance and told me to seek legal advice from CAB and report the company to the police if I believe that UKPCs actions are a fraud.

I called BPA who confirmed they were suspended but they are not suspended anymore.
I called CAB - going to go to a drop in center tomorrow although your forum advises not to but honestly i dont know what to do anymore.

I spoke to the police - they cant help as this is a civil matter, BMPS no longer exists.

In the meantime i spoke to Debt Recovery Plus again and requested the photo evidence which they did not want to forward to me, after arguing with them they finally sent it to my email.
Then within 10 mins I got a phone call from them saying they are now getting their solicitors involved ( even though the letter says i can pay within 2 weeks)

Now I know how private parking companies work, that you can appeal with a template etc but this is different as I haven't had anything from them before and the parking charge is dishonest.
The shop is down the road from my house, it was almost 6 months ago, I have no receipts, nothing to confirm I wasnt there overnight. in the morning of the 21st of March I did however go to drop my mum at the airport so there will be a record of me doing that somewhere I would imagine maybe cctv but I don't want to go down that line, I have got enough stress atm as it is and this threatening letter and phone call just took it to another level.

Please hlep:(:(:(

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do read the NEWBIES thread and for goodness sake
    STOP contacting moron debt collectors, they are
    simply sewer life.

Read this and never contact DRP again and block
    them on your phone .... don't deal with retards

Debt Collectors (DRP & ZZPS) What they don't want you to know

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74633409#post74633409

DRP must think you are a mug ? Are you a mug ????
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 9 August 2018 at 1:10PM
    Options
    If you have now read the newbies thread why you repeatedly calling the debt collectors and the PPC? Your calls may well have made things harder for you to defend this

Cab are a waste of time so don't take their advice!

Spend more time reading up on this in the newbies FAQ thread so you fully understand the game you are now caught up in.

You do need to make the 'creditor' knows your current and any future address or risk s default ccj registered against you without you knowing anything about it
  • new1234
    new1234 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I know that now, I wasn't aware of the forum before I contacted them.

I guess I was desperate, i never had a penny debt in my life so it was a shock for me to receive a letter like this. I am also going though a mortgage application process so I got really worried that this will affect my credit score etc.

I know it was a mistake but it happened now so I guess I just wanted some advice on what to do next, sorry if this has upset you or annoyed you.
  • Quentin
    edited 9 August 2018 at 1:15PM
    Options
    Not upset or annoyed.

Just giving you advice which was why you came here!

Only a ccj against you can affect your loan application. Which is why you were advised to ensure they have your current address at all times

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you
  • beamerguy
    edited 9 August 2018 at 1:17PM
    Options
    new1234 wrote: »
    Yes I know that now, I wasn't aware of the forum before I contacted them.

I guess I was desperate, i never had a penny debt in my life so it was a shock for me to receive a letter like this. I am also going though a mortgage application process so I got really worried that this will affect my credit score etc.

I know it was a mistake but it happened now so I guess I just wanted some advice on what to do next, sorry if this has upset you or annoyed you.

So, you are not in debt now, you are the subject of a scam.

You must understand about credit ratings and CCJ's

READ THIS
    The CCJ Myth and threats and lies told by debt collectors and PPC's .. EXPOSED

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849106&highlight=ccj+the+myth

PS: You have not upset us, we see this every day
  • new1234
    Options
    Thanks.

It makes me feel better, you just get worried I guess if you never had to deal with things like that before.

What do i do now then?
    I know this thread you quoted above says to ignore them: but I have obviously contacted them now so worried about the fact that I made the whole thing worse.

I dont appreciate them sending me more and more threatening letters, getting solicitors involved in this whole situation etc

And I am shocked that the parking charge is fake at the first place! I know they are a scam but at least if you overstayed then you know why you got the charge at the first place ( you still appeal obviously) but I didn't.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    The parking charge date is 21/03/2018, I moved out of my house in June 2018, in that period of time I had no correspondence from UKPC, I am between house moves now, living in temporary accommodation ( house sell fell through, long story) and will be in my new house hopefully within the next 4 weeks.
    UKPC were banned on 22nd March 2018; so you should check with DVLA, if and when UKPC got your details.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Thanks.

It makes me feel better, you just get worried I guess if you never had to deal with things like that before.

What do i do now then?
    I know this thread you quoted above says to ignore them: but I have obviously contacted them now so worried about the fact that I made the whole thing worse.

I dont appreciate them sending me more and more threatening letters, getting solicitors involved in this whole situation etc

And I am shocked that the parking charge is fake at the first place! I know they are a scam but at least if you overstayed then you know why you got the charge at the first place ( you still appeal obviously) but I didn't.

NO, you have not made it worse, just ignore the idiots
    they have ZERO power ....... DON'T TALK TO SCAMMERS

Just wait to see if UKPC come back to you and then we
    can help you to zap the scammers
  • Quentin
    Options
    Sending debt collectors letters and solicitors letters is the norm for this game

You ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence

If you get to this, then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this in the FAQ thread
  • new1234
    Options
    Thanks, I will do from what you are saying I cant do anything else for now.

Also I forgot to add that the pics that DR+ plus sent to me literally have got half of my car on them driving in and out unless they parking company has full sizes and DR+ just cropped them or something..

They know how to raise your blood pressure,dont they!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure