BT price increases September 2018

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    deanos wrote: »
    SSE *shudder* terrible had same problem

I had no problems at all with SSE. I had an 18 month fibre contract on which I consistently got 79Mbps download and 19.5Mbps upload. The price was incredibly cheap and when I had an issue with the router it was sorted without fuss and promptly.

My speed was never throttled.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Gavgooner wrote: »
    Had email from bt today phoned to cancel, best they offers was the same deal I am on now £26.99 fibre broadband. I said no & I am about to switch to sky £85 topcashback, £75 gift card, free router, £25 per month or £30 for fibre max. Will my sim only with bt stay the same cost?

Just looked at quico they are offering a £25 extra on top of £80 with sky! Media Bonus on the quidco website!!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57339;

If you move your broadband from BT then they will charge you the higher rate for your SIM only mobile deal.
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    If you move your broadband from BT then they will charge you the higher rate for your SIM only mobile deal.

No, they won't. Not until your mobile contract is up.
  • Birdman2015
    Birdman2015 Posts: 222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Finally received my letter today, let the games commence !!!55357;!!!56841;
  • colinm
    colinm Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi

BT are telling me I won’t get a refund for my advance line rental (3 months left) if I cancel due to the price rise. Anyone know if that’s correct?

Thanks
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    Its not correct you will get pro rata refund but may have to chase it .
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    [FONT=&quot]That is the second account sorted, new lower price of £21.99.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Do not speak to anyone apart from the loyalty department.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]One more to go tomorrow night. Has anyone one got the £21.99 deal and free BT Sport included as well, as my son has BT Sport.[/FONT]
  • Birdman2015
    Birdman2015 Posts: 222 Forumite
    I just turned a potential £3.50 rise into a £6 discount with one phone call. Happy enough to stay with that deal.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Yes there is a deal going on until 16th for free bt sports for 18 months. I renewed my contract for 18 months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs at £21.99. Phoned yesterday to ask about free bt sports as advertised and got it added for free. Hubby is very happy superfast by essential, unlimited w/e call and free bt sports all at £21.99. I think that it is a good deal. Hope this helps somebody who is trying to renegotiate. Only had to pencil when contract ends as the price will more than double.
  • ccdorset
    ccdorset Posts: 295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    loulou41 wrote: »
    Yes there is a deal going on until 16th for free bt sports for 18 months. I renewed my contract for 18 months from bt basic to superfast fibre essential speed up to 38 mbs at £21.99. Phoned yesterday to ask about free bt sports as advertised and got it added for free. Hubby is very happy superfast by essential, unlimited w/e call and free bt sports all at £21.99. I think that it is a good deal. Hope this helps somebody who is trying to renegotiate. Only had to pencil when contract ends as the price will more than double.

Just phoned for my father and managed to get this deal for him aswell. I had agreed on a £23.99 deal for him a week or so ago, but saw the advert for free BT Sport on Sky today. I phoned the Customer Options team and they not only agreed to add it on for free, but also changed the deal to £21.99 a month! Was quite surprised they did that! I just phoned him and the BT Sport has been activated already, so he is chuffed to bits.

I also got the £23.99 deal for myself the other week and by co-incidence have just ordered Sky today. It isn't being installed until 29th August though, so think I'm going to miss out on the free BT sport unfortunately!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure