Things can only get better

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Carrots SA :rotfl:

Poor you with your ankle :( xx
    Mummytogirls x

• I'm glad your DS is happy in his new home. Good luck on your job applications, I'm sure you'll get something eventually if you keep trying.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: to Mr SA's pestering and the way he crosses roads!
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,228 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sorry folks have been AWOL for a few days. Just really busy at work, now applying for 4 jobs on promotion. It's the time of year when they all come up. Not been that good on the finances front and have spent a fair bit on Tu clothing 25% off, both on me and Mr SA (polo shirts!!) but have got some bargains.

Had a scary day Tuesday when Mr SA had a really bad headache all day. He seems ok now thankfully. It was this time 5 years ago it all started off with the awful Good Friday when he came home from work having had a fit, escalating over the Easter period, to the nightmare it became. Easter doesn't hold happy memories for me.

Going to spend the next couple of days doing the practice tests then going for the real thing on Monday.

Payday today, need to look at finances properly tomorrow.

Four days off :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 March 2018 at 10:22PM
    I hope Mr SA is okay. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Have a good Easter weekend :),
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Blimey, that must have been worrying :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hurrah for 4 days off.
    Hope you can relax & enjoy.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Carrots!!!!?????? Does one laugh or cry?

He truly is Mr Random :)

Sitting here nursing a cold that came back on after work yesterday....had been there last weekend and never went away.. but luckily I dont have to do much today other than get out the door. Bit of a relief really

Hope you have a good Easter and the ankle goes down..
  • Hope this Easter is a better one for you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,228 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Fantastic not to get up for work this morning, although have sat for over an hour doing the practice aptitude tests. I ran out of time on the numerical one, I thought 20 questions in 20 minutes was quite tough. The verbal reasoning one I found fairly difficult but then tried a different one and that was easier. I enjoyed the situational judgement one and it was interesting to see the answers at the end. I'm going to practice again tomorrow. Practice, practice, practice.

Finances are done, not achieved what I wanted to this month but hey ho, onwards and upwards, tomorrow is another day and all that excuse type rambling :o

Mr M food only shop today, spent £55 but still need to go to Aldi for the super 6, also need to go to Savers for a household goods/toiletries stock up. In an effort to keep a tight rein and grocery spends, I've decided to try the following tactic:

As I said earlier the beer/wine budget is separate and will be done once a month, looking for offers. Anything saved in this area will go to savings.

Once a month I'll do an Iceland stock up - tuna, salmon, white fish, prawns and Mr SA's meat.

Once a month I'll do a Savers stock up - loo rolls, shower gel, etc.

Then whatever's left will be divided into 4 for the weekly food shop/top up shops.

I think I'll find it easier to manage broken down into chunks and be able to control the spending. In theory of course :rotfl:

The NSDs and AFDs I've been rubbish at this month. There'll be a holiday thrown into the equation in April but I'm aiming to do a lot better despite this.

It's not all bad though and I'm under my goal weight and I've done tonnes of exercise :D
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • It's good to try new techniques to try and control the food budgets, I'm not doing too well in that area lately :mad:.

I'm sure you'll improve your test scores with practise, you certainly deserve a promotion after all your effort!

I hope you've got reasonable bank holiday weather :).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure