PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Going to have spagbol with some yellow sticker garlic bread.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Organic beef brisket from the farm in the slow cooker for eight hours - bbq pulled beef with garlic flat bread and salad.
    Pudding - hm apple crumble - apples and from my aunt's garden.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Pollycat wrote: »

Had planned to go for a Chinese meal today with friends but all Stagecoach buses in our area are suspended. :eek:
    I've never known this before.
    So - we can't get into town (7 miles) and I guess we're going to have to cancel. :(

Even if they do main roads only - as they did a couple of weeks ago - it would mean a 3/4 mile walk up to the village bus station and I wouldn't trust the buses to keep running.

Buses running on main roads only, none on our estate so I've postponed the Chinese until next week.
    The freezer has yielded Mr T's finest cod fishcakes with chorizo and I'll do some home-made wedges and peas.
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Here were supposed to go to my parents house for dinner but it snowed so we stayed home and had the leftover casserole from yesterday with steamed veg (I like my new steamer) and some more of the biscuits and a chocolate mousse.
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Oxtail casserole for me with half a portion of rumbledethumps and a square of stuffing from Xmas.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Not long back from a week in Spain, snowing when I left and snowing on my return.
    Yesterday I popped to Iceland as I decided while I was away we need to eat more fish. While I was there there were some single portions of street food so I bought a vegetarian shashlik, kale pakora, vegetarian rice and chilli paneer to have with some currys from the freezer. Wasn't impressed won't buy them again.

Today we have had a Sunday roast, husband had pork and I had nut roast. Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, carrots and cabbage.
    It must be the weather as we had apple crumble and custard for afters, the weather in Spain wasn't great but I never want puddings after dinner when eating out in Spain.
  • Back to normality after a lovely weekend away!

Lunch will be some Green Lentil Soup with a Spiced Butter to stir through it, new to me recipe found in a charity shop buy Bean Book.

Supper will involve chorizo as I found a couple of large hunks of it reduced on Thursday from the Mr.T deli counter. I got some lovely large eggs from the farm shop when we were staying with DD1 over the weekend so I'm thinking it might be Huevos Rancheros as I have everything in stock to make it. No fat free yoghurts left though so pudding if we want it will be tinned peaches in juice with plain skyr followed by the usual cup of coffee.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Spaghetti Bolognaise for us tonight with a nice bottle of red.
  • Lunch today will be a ham salad baguette. Tonight we'll have breaded plaice fillets with wedges and beans.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We're having spaghetti bolognaise too. I'm going to make a huge batch so I have some for lasagne etc.
    Spend less now, work less later.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure