IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Out of curiousity, how many people on here end up being taken to court?

Options
I stupidly posted stuff panicking about a parking ticket a few months back without reading the sticky threads, which I’d like to apologise about again as I’m sure the people who always help out on here are likely very tired of it. But I was just wondering, how often would you say the drp and zenith letters (which I now ignore regularly) end up escalating to a genuine court claim or something serious? Apologies if this has been asked loads of times, as I said, just curious.

Comments

• Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It depends.....
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    tmax96 wrote: »
    I stupidly posted stuff panicking about a parking ticket a few months back without reading the sticky threads, which I!!!8217;d like to apologise about again as I!!!8217;m sure the people who always help out on here are likely very tired of it. But I was just wondering, how often would you say the drp and zenith letters (which I now ignore regularly) end up escalating to a genuine court claim or something serious? Apologies if this has been asked loads of times, as I said, just curious.

Depends on the parking firm. Plenty never sue. IPC firms are more likely to. We still win!

The NEWBIES thread post #2 has a link to a parkingappeals (PADI) webpage - which shows all the BMPA information held about the stats for each and every parking firm and how often they appear in court cases. So you can look up 'your' parking firm to see how litigious they are.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you had actually bothered to read the sticky, you would know exactly how many DRP/Zenith etc letters proceed to court. It is a very clear and simple number!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out of curiosity is this related to your other 2 threads about the MJB Hotel and National Parking Enforcement?
  • tmax96
    tmax96 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    tmax96 wrote: »
    I stupidly posted stuff panicking about a parking ticket a few months back without reading the sticky threads, which I’d like to apologise about again as I’m sure the people who always help out on here are likely very tired of it. But I was just wondering, how often would you say the drp and zenith letters (which I now ignore regularly) end up escalating to a genuine court claim or something serious? Apologies if this has been asked loads of times, as I said, just curious.

Well obviously, if they’re the two things I’ve previously posted about? My collection of letters is going up, I find it ammusing. I was a paranoid overthinking idiot that didn’t read what I should have read before posting a while back. I see the odd post on here about genuine court action so thought I’d ask. Is that okay? I really hope it’s okay mate
  • tmax96
    tmax96 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I have bothered to read it, sometimes I may miss out the odd thing. It was a question, you can see it has been answered above, which I’m thankful for. What was the point in your reply then? If you can see I’ve asked something, and that two people have already answered it, what exactly is the point of replying the way you have? !!!128514;
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Always better to keep to one thread rather than start new ones

You've seen how busy this forum gets

And of course frustrating when you start a thread about something covered in the FAQ!

Another thread you should read about DRP:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 July 2018 at 6:09PM
    Options
    DRP nor Zenith (one and the same company) can instigate court proceedings in their own right. They have no direct interest in the alleged debt.

We have seen, over many years, the letters they send which state they 'may recommend to their client that they proceed to court'. Almost always this has been an empty threat - especially as if DRP hand the case back to the operator, their prospect of earning anything from it evaporates (they work on a 'no collection, no fee' basis (the £60 they add as standard to the usual £100 PCN).

However, we have seen a very small number of cases - hard to quantify, but very small numbers, where it seems the PPC has picked up the case again after DRP/Zenith and tried a court case. The best indicator, if you get a DRP/Zenith involvement, is a quick reference to PADI to ascertain the degree of litigiousness shown by that particular operator. In your case with NPE, their litigiousness indicator is zero!

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/National_Parking_Enforcement.html

Ignore anything from DRP/Zenith.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this related to your other two threads about the MJB Hotel? There is a purpose in asking.

As a supplementary, if it is about the MJB Hotel are they still there. Is the MJB still there?
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok read this every morning http://www.parkingappeals.info/court.html and work it out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure