Airport Parking Scams

I cannot find anything on MSE about this, which really surprises me ... I have been subject to abuse and fraud re airport parking and would like to know the best way for a group challenge to this sector.
The company/companies in question are Airport Parking Essentials Ltd and Park Direct Gatwick Ltd. This second company were in charge of my car parking this week and I have been left with lots of vehicle damage, the car was used for the week, it was smoked in, it was filthy and left with coffee/juice/water bottles inside. The costs of the repair will mean the car will likely be written off.
So far, despite tens of hone calls and emails, I have receviede no response whatsoever, and now that know who they are, have found literally hundreds of reviews of this company saying do not use - claims made, CCJs achieved, but no money has ever been repaid.
Can MSE help in this please?
I feel there is enough interest that a group claim should be made agains this group to stop this level of abuse and criminal activity going on.
I have written to my MP, the Parking Association and other groups, but there is little interest.

HELP!
Thank you, Graham

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This thread is for Flight Delay Compensation. Try this address
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=163
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

What has the thread got to do with Public Transport? It would be better on either the Parking sub-board (as already suggested) or Consumer Rights.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    "have found literally hundreds of reviews of this company saying do not use"

There is your answer.

Start from the point that any company not booked directly via the airport website is dodgy, then look for reviews of any others that may be recommended before booking.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    grwiffen wrote: »
    I cannot find anything on MSE about this, which really surprises me ... I have been subject to abuse and fraud re airport parking and would like to know the best way for a group challenge to this sector.
    The company/companies in question are Airport Parking Essentials Ltd and Park Direct Gatwick Ltd. This second company were in charge of my car parking this week and I have been left with lots of vehicle damage, the car was used for the week, it was smoked in, it was filthy and left with coffee/juice/water bottles inside. The costs of the repair will mean the car will likely be written off.
    So far, despite tens of hone calls and emails, I have receviede no response whatsoever, and now that know who they are, have found literally hundreds of reviews of this company saying do not use - claims made, CCJs achieved, but no money has ever been repaid.
    Can MSE help in this please?
    I feel there is enough interest that a group claim should be made agains this group to stop this level of abuse and criminal activity going on.
    I have written to my MP, the Parking Association and other groups, but there is little interest.

HELP!
    Thank you, Graham

There is a story about this everyday in the press. I am amazed suckers still use these services.

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/news/crime/gatwick-airport-parking-scam-shocking-pictures-show-cars-abandoned-in-muddy-fields-1-8886016
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure