PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 25 June 2019

2»

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Afternoon :)

Well that was a cut short day for me :j

Left the house this morning at 5.30am to start the trek to Leeds for a sales course. There was only one delegate so its more like coaching. Anyway arrived a wee bit stressed and made myself a big fat coffee as you do. Set the room up waited and waited and waited enough for another coffee. Finally get the call that his train was cancelled and he wasn't able to make it ....oh dear how sad....coat back on and back on the train quick sharp :D Bit of a waste of a 4am get up but hey ho now a freebie afternoon.

Could do lots but may just do some invoicing and planning. Snaffled my cheese and pickle sandwich on the train so now need to think of a freezer rescue

Dumpling Sorry your so down keep smiling sweetie your family adore you

Right time for more coffee then get somat done :) Have a great day all
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,062
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just having a breather with a coffee after a busy morning.Took DGS to school & could see how much traffic there would be on the way back :eek: Took about 45 mins to do about 3 miles.DS was panicking as he had a dental appt.I looked on the local paper traffic news and there had been a RTA,on the main road where the dentist is.I wanted to go in town so I got out with him once he'd parked and walked into town.Got some fresh salad stuff from M/s and a reduced summer dress in Debs.We're going to a local music festival on Sat and wanted something new to wear.Tried some things on but nothing took my fancy so I'll wear what I've already got ( the dress is in my favourite style,sleeveless lineny shift type for daytime but not what I'd wear for a music gig)
    Making hummus as part of tea,soaked the dried chick peas last night and cooked them when I got in ,in the instant pot.
    Holly,hope you are ok,was sorry you'd been admitted to hospital-get well soon.
    Dumpling,sorry to hear your friend has upset you.Things like that are very hurtful and something that can make you dwell on it.Hope life gets easier for you,but moan away if it helps :)
    Nelski- free afternoon ? Aren't you tempted to go banana shopping :rotfl:(sorry :D)
    Hugs to all in need x
    Break over so I'm going in the loft - we have a charity clothes collection tomorrow so I want to fill the bag!
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Afternoon all. Grey and muggy here. We went food shopping this morning as DD and dgs ate coming for tea tomorrow. She wants lamb tagine. I picked up some ys fresh apricots so will use them in place of dried onrs. Hope it works!

Gers talking of food how do you make the fennel and vermicelli dish your Mum enjoyed last week? I am aauming you cook up the fennel and garlic then add it to the pasta with the lemon juice and grated parmesan.

Dumpling have a hug. I'm sure your friend didn't mean those remarks she is ill but you don't need this from her. Best wishes for this afternoon's meeting.

Nelski have a nap first I would.

Well I will love you and leave you. Hugs and spoons all round.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • Afternoon folks and what a soggy one it is here! DD and I got rather wet traipsing round the outside area of the garden centre we went to! I chose quite a few plants I liked, plus some planters, but they didn't have any bird tables! So onwards we went to the garden centre where I got the one we donated to the hospice in Bob's memory and I got one just the same. Plus a few more plants! Sadly no bird bath as they were silly money, so will try a cheaper source for one.

The plants are now all lined up in the kitchen - it resembles Kew Gardens - waiting for the rain to stop, then I will go out and make a start potting up. I got more than I intended to get but it's too easy to get carried away! Yes SNOOZER I agree the costs refurbing a garden soon mount up. I didn't have the patio re-done either, as much as I would have liked to!

Middle DGD is on a school trip to Blackpool Zoo today and we thought poor kids they will be soaked! But teacher has put a couple of pics on Twitter and they are all raincoat free so obviously the weather is better at the coast than here!

DUMPLING you don't really need that friend in your life do you when you have problems of your own. I hope today's meeting with the senior mental health people goes well. At least things are looking good for Lee with the catering course he hopes to go on.

GERS that sounds a big job decluttering your DM's organised clutter. My clutter is much like your mums, most of it boxed up, labelled and out of sight, but it doesn't make it any easier to get rid of!!

Ooh I think the rain may have stopped so I may get some plants potted up after all. I chucked my decrepit old potting table in the skip so don't know what I will use now. Maybe the decrepit garden seat which I kept, promising myself I would renovate it!

Have a good rest of the day folks if you can xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    RosyRed wrote: »

Nelski- free afternoon ? Aren't you tempted to go banana shopping :rotfl:(sorry :D)

ohhhhh well of the things I could do that is the bottom of the list....I have that pleasure tomorrow and as ever its all about shape and size :rotfl:
    mmmm to homemade hummus must make some with warm garlic pittas ... scrum
    Nelski have a nap first I would.

May well be on the cards :D
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 11,960
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

Gers talking of food how do you make the fennel and vermicelli dish your Mum enjoyed last week? I am aauming you cook up the fennel and garlic then add it to the pasta with the lemon juice and grated parmesan.

Slice the fennel, fry it in oil, once cooked add in lemon zest and garlic (DM said to not cook the garlic), add to the pasta (she likes the nests squashed up) and then grate parmesan over the top - add lemon juice if needed. Hope you enjoy it!

GERS that sounds a big job decluttering your DM's organised clutter. My clutter is much like your mums, most of it boxed up, labelled and out of sight, but it doesn't make it any easier to get rid of!!

I'm trying to to it without being 'seen'! It's going to be a long job when the proper time comes - for now I'm making space for all the shopping coming tomorrow as it's mostly household stuff.

Dental visit was fine, a front tooth needed a new edge which took a few minutes. Then I asked him about a couple areas which bothered me around two crowns. The crowns are at least 30 years old so I've elected to have them replaced though, before that's done I'm going to have some whitening treatment. As with most people my age, my teeth are yellowing. I don't want white white white sparklers just a liittle lighter. I've never been a smoker so they aren't horrible...anyway, it's whitening first and then new crowns. :eek:

DM hasn't eaten all day so I keep going in to her bedroom to encourage her to drink. She doesn't want me to call the doc so I'm just keeping a close eye on her.

The postie brought my P45 today - it's official! Last pay cheque due this week and first SP on 19 July. It feels extremely weird as it doesn't seem so long since I collected my first pay packet from my Saturday job whilst still at school. Where did 'I' go???

No rain here, however I've been watching the news reports about flooding in Stirling. It looks horrendous. I hope that everyone here is safe and dry.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Older dd phoned me to say that baby is still producing explosive nappies so cannot go to nursery for the next two days so I offered to baby wrangle tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. Think I will be having a few early nights to prepare myself.

Gers

Would your mother take something like Complan if she is not eating?

I still have an internal garage to sort out which is full of boxes and baby stuff but can't seem to organise myself . Just used up the steak I defrosted and cooked it with some mushrooms and have a beef stew in the pressure king pro for tomorrow for dd and myself.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2019 at 4:58PM
    Gers thanks for the recipe. Tell Mum I am looking forward to cooking it on Thursday..

Nelski hope you had a kip. I did lol!

TA we use a big plastic plant pot saucer for a bitd bath. DH has put a small rock in it and a pebble and it sits on the railway sleeper bed edging under the cherry tree where all the bird feeders and fat balls are.

Holly H if you are reading have a big hug from me. Poppy too. Hello to L W and Mr Wolf

Have a good evening folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,660
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 25 June 2019 at 9:30PM
    Gers I also highly recommend complan. Not the fruit ones but the chicken soup (suitable for vegetarians!) You may need to order them as I dont think they are stocked in many shops, but I can honestly say they did me the world of good, when I couldn't eat due to chemo and radiotherapy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure