Successful PIP application

Just wanted to share a success story with PIP. I've been on DLA (higher rate mobility and care) since 2001 on an indefinite award. I've been feeling stressed for the past few years since PIP was announced and hearing the horror stories about the assessments and rejections. I had my assessment a few weeks ago. I was extremely lucky to have an appointment at home, with a lovely nurse, who spent an hour and a half talking with me, typing up exactly what I said on her laptop, which was reflected in the report. I've just heard that I've got enhanced rates for both mobility and care. The relief is enormous.

I just wanted to thank everyone who's shared their experiences and help with making applications on this forum as it really helped me through the whole process. Also to offer support and solidarity to all those who have had a bad experience with assessments, tribunals, and rejections. The whole process is awful, and it seems so arbitrary that it depends on who come for the assessment, it's really crazy, and something we need to keep fighting against.

Comments

• Always good to hear positive outcomes.
  • How long did you have to wait for a home visit. It’s been since mid August when we sent the pip form back and September a letter from the dr to request a home visit, not heard a word and phoning every two weeks to see what’s happening.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    How long did you have to wait for a home visit. It’s been since mid August when we sent the pip form back and September a letter from the dr to request a home visit, not heard a word and phoning every two weeks to see what’s happening.
    There's no timescales for assessments or decisions. It depends on backlog in your area. If a home visit is granted then sometimes it can take longer for an appointment to become available.
  • Adaline
    Adaline Posts: 269 Forumite
    How long did you have to wait for a home visit. It’s been since mid August when we sent the pip form back and September a letter from the dr to request a home visit, not heard a word and phoning every two weeks to see what’s happening.

I waited for four months after submitting the application form. Then I had a letter giving a week's notice for the assessment. Fingers crossed you hear soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure