Options

Comments

• LUISAUNTY
    Options
    thanks for reply regarding your experience

, still puzzled slightly as to why it underlined partners wage slips

even though dont have a partner
    maybe someone knows if its a standard letter they send

i also know i shouldnt be worrying but with people saying these are the fraud investigators and to think of them accusing innocent ones of it is upseting
  • keira_3
    Options
    I had a visit from compliance officer after my own sister reported me (had fall out) The lady was really nice and said they get a lot of these. Don't worry too much.
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options
    thanks kiera

well i hope the compliance interview is for someone who has gone through all the trouble to report me for something they thinl im doing or done

.but then i will be the one smiling coming out of it even if i was being watched the dwp should see that i have nothing to hide

its just the worry and build up and worry beforehand of the compliance interview
  • LUISAUNTY
    Options
    went to interview it was my ex apparently the csa caught up with him for maintenance and he told them he has my kids and pays me maintenance in hand when noone heard or saw him for 12years .the youngest hasnt even saw or met him either ... had to sign declaration to say untrue.
  • lannie_50
    Options
    COMPLIANCE OFFICER VISIT Approx 2 years ago my nephew was take ill .My mother contacted my ex brother in law to inform him .He at the time he lived in liverpool approx 60 miles away .He was coming over most days to see his son (my nephew).As my daughter was at university i had spare room which i offered him to stay .As he havent much money for petrol being in receipt of pension credit.Unfortunatly my nephew died but by this time he had reconected with his daughters and grand kids and wanted to stay in the area .I phoned the dhs and asked could i rent him a room because i am on dla sda and income support i was told he could not pay rent .My son who was living with us at the time choice to go to a local university so he could stay with me as an unpaid carer .To be honest after a year he found the local uni was not offering him enough work so he wanted to go away but didnt want to leave me alone .So as my ex brother in law havent found a suitable flat .We decieded he could use both of my two spare rooms rent free .Today i have a visit from the comliance officer saying they have been told we are living together as a couple .THIS is my question how can we prove we are not a couple ?
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    lannie_50 wrote: »
    COMPLIANCE OFFICER VISIT Approx 2 years ago my nephew was take ill .My mother contacted my ex brother in law to inform him .He at the time he lived in liverpool approx 60 miles away .He was coming over most days to see his son (my nephew).As my daughter was at university i had spare room which i offered him to stay .As he havent much money for petrol being in receipt of pension credit.Unfortunatly my nephew died but by this time he had reconected with his daughters and grand kids and wanted to stay in the area .I phoned the dhs and asked could i rent him a room because i am on dla sda and income support i was told he could not pay rent .My son who was living with us at the time choice to go to a local university so he could stay with me as an unpaid carer .To be honest after a year he found the local uni was not offering him enough work so he wanted to go away but didnt want to leave me alone .So as my ex brother in law havent found a suitable flat .We decieded he could use both of my two spare rooms rent free .Today i have a visit from the comliance officer saying they have been told we are living together as a couple .THIS is my question how can we prove we are not a couple ?
    Your BIL has stayed with you rent free for over two years?
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • AsknAnswer
    Options
    If you aren't a couple then you will have nothing to worry about. They base it on a lot more than two people of the opposite sex residing in the same property, though they may well be suspicious that he doesn't pay you any rent money.
  • bodeia
    bodeia Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2009 at 7:49PM
    Options
    I claim IB as part of my long term compliance with my employer to obtain my long term sick pay, it is all above board and had no problem until last year when I got a letter from the "Compliance Office" I had to go into JC+ to be interviewed, took everything they asked for and more., Apparently a check by DWP noticed I was paying tax so they assumed I was working.

In theory I am still employed even though I'm on long term sick pay (insurance via employer)

Once I stopped shaking and crying and managed to explain to the officer she apologised and said this was a blip that should have been spotted before I was called in as they have it on record that my claim is due to a work related claim. I pointed out I wouldn't be claiming it if I didn't need to as it isn't worthe the hassle as I'm taxex on it and don't actually gain any money from it.

So not all are to do with people being reported it may just be that they are checking to ensure the claim is valid or they may have a query over something.
  • lannie_50
    Options

yes but he buys his own shopping and drives me where ever i need to go shopping etc in his car .Plus he is there for when i fall ( due to my illlness) . Basicaly he an unpaid carer .If he was to pay rent they would take pound for pound of me .Having someone take me shopping giving me some independance is priceless
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    lannie_50 wrote: »

yes but he buys his own shopping and drives me where ever i need to go shopping etc in his car .Plus he is there for when i fall ( due to my illlness) . Basicaly he an unpaid carer .If he was to pay rent they would take pound for pound of me .Having someone take me shopping giving me some independance is priceless
    Non-Dependants & Housing Benefit

A non-dependant is someone who normally lives with you but is not:
    • Your husband/wife/partner
    • A child that you get child benefit for
    • Someone jointly liable to pay rent and/or Council Tax with you
    An example would be a grown up son or daughter or other relative. The regulations say that we must reduce your Benefit by a set amount* each week for each non-dependant who is living with you. The amount of this “non dependant deduction” depends on the income of the non-dependant not the amount they pay you.
    *The amount of the deduction is set by Central Government.

If no proof of non-dependant income is provided, the highest deduction will be taken.
    If you are in receipt of the care component of Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance or are registered blind, a non-dependant deduction will not be taken. You must provide proof that you receive this income.

Do you get DLA then?
    *SIGH*
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills