Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wigwam12
    • By wigwam12 14th Jul 18, 4:02 PM
    • 86Posts
    • 4Thanks
    wigwam12
    Problem with a Flight Delay Company - How do I Escalate?
    • 14th Jul 18, 4:02 PM
    Problem with a Flight Delay Company - How do I Escalate? 14th Jul 18 at 4:02 PM
    Slightly odd one this but would appreciate some help.
    TLDR: How do I escalate against a compensation company that said I had a confirmed compensation amount in May 2017 but still have no money?

My wife signed up to use a company delayedflights.com in 2017 to pursue compensation for delayed flight (with Air Transat).
    She received and email in May 2017 confirming the claim was a successful to the tune of about 2000 and they included the indication invoice of their cut.
    Email said it can take 60-80 days to receive payment
    But despite emailing them roughly every 3 months we keep getting fobbed off with comments like "we are unfortunately unable to match payment from the Airline yet....we only get paid when you get paid etc"

As it's now nearly 14 months later I had had enough so have looked to try to push matters with them only to find:
    They no longer have a telephone number - contact is online only.
    The T&Cs say details of complaints procedure "available on request"
    So I sent a webform enquiry asking for the complaints policy (no reply).
    I used their Facebook page only to kept being told it is for new cutomers and it use their webform.
    They have clearly got my messages as they acknowledged I had been in contact via Facebook in a "we will review and get back to you" email to my wife a couple of weeks ago.

What are my options for escalating and pursuing this matter please?
    Thanks
Page 5
    • aidanmoore
    • By aidanmoore 21st Nov 19, 1:16 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aidanmoore
    Hey.. I am still getting ignored by the company and I am due nearly 1600... what should I do?
    • aidanmoore
    • By aidanmoore 21st Nov 19, 1:18 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aidanmoore
    Still being ignored....
    Hey.. I am still getting ignored by the company and I am due nearly 1600... what should I do?
    • wigwam12
    • By wigwam12 24th Nov 19, 1:42 PM
    • 86 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wigwam12
    Originally posted by aidanmoore
    Ignore the company back and lodge a small claims
    • aidanmoore
    • By aidanmoore 25th Nov 19, 9:41 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aidanmoore
    Claim
    Any advice on who to lodge with?

Thanks
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 25th Nov 19, 10:58 AM
    • 3,404 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    Aidan, you were advised in April to read Vaubans guide which tells you what to do. The company appears to be no longer trading and your chances of recovery are a lot lower now than they were when you started. The only thing to do is sue Delayed Flights Compensation Limited for the amount due, use Money Claim on Line and follow instructions, but in all honesty, you may now be spending more money with little chance of recovery.

If you get nowhere, at least report the man behind the company Thomas John Atherton, to Action Fraud, it may make you feel better but whether any legal action is taken is another matter altogether
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

363Posts Today

5,437Users online

Martin's Twitter