'Virtual sealed pot' Challenge 2010!

Comments

• Hi everyone

I would like to join this challenge is thats OK. I will use my new AA account to put the little bits of savings into.

DC
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • Heffi1
    Heffi1 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Woo hoo I have a number and it is a low one ! lol I am looking forward to this challenge so thanks for the number Palema and here's to 2010 being more fun than the last year was good luck everyone
    :) Been here for a long time and don't often post
  • Hey Guys
    All numbers all updated. Welcome to the new recruits!!

Debt cruncher - You and I have the same idea - I have my AA savings account as my VSP and cause I don't see it when checking my bank statement I don't miss the money as
    much.

• Hi, I read the Thread title last year, and didnt bother to read the content.. silly me, because i thought you were all going to seal a jar and put change in it... haha

Anyway, thats what I have done, I have all the coins on the table to count, I have already put £50 in DS bank account for Christmas! And there is loads left. All I did was take out all my change each day and put it in a old quality street jar.. Was there a thread started for my kind of saving method? lol

Just to finish I am so happy about my efforts..
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

If you really cant knit very well, then practise drumming with the needles...

:j
  • scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 9 December 2009 at 11:07PM
    I can I join this one please palema, I plan to make my virtual sealed pot my ISA account as so far this year I've managed to empty it....will save in my old current account until April then transfer everything in to it.

tia_maria I think you meant the sealed pot challenge - we're over on another thread, just got started for spc3 (2010) too if you want to keep doing both!.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • Scubaangel - Added to the list :)
  • I was in the last one, but kinda lost the thread.:o

Can I join the new one please?

I am aiming to pay off 20,000 next year (all the debts, plus some savings) so I need to to do these little payment type things cos they all add up!!

cheers

xxxxxxxxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • I was in the last one, but kinda lost the thread.:o

Can I join the new one please?

I am aiming to pay off 20,000 next year (all the debts, plus some savings) so I need to to do these little payment type things cos they all add up!!

cheers

xxxxxxxxx

Hey Buffy
    Welcome aboard!!
    Good luck with paying of the £20K next year
    X
  • Hi everyone

When is the official start date for this challenge?

DC
    Mortgage: £59709.77 (26/08/17) Now £58683.93 MFD Nov 2033
    Current OP Savings £3952.68.
    Milestone no 1 reached 07 Dec 17. Working towards milestone no 2 net debt £50000.
  • The official start date will be 1st January 2010 and will run for the year.

Although I am continuing on from this year's pot, so my starting pot will be about £145 or so by that date. :) It will no doubt get cleared out when I buy my new car in the spring then I will start again!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure