Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 24th Apr 12, 7:05 AM
    • 4,379Posts
    • 93,921Thanks
    Westvleteren
    11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE
    • 24th Apr 12, 7:05 AM
    11+Elite One stop shop for the very best of MSE 24th Apr 12 at 7:05 AM

New overflow thread for 11+ers

THE FOLLOWING IS COPIED FROM ORIGINAL FIRST POST ON PREVIOUS THREAD

This is yet another bargain/glitch/DTD/JTD/misprice thread!

We know it's in the 'Gone But Not Forgotten' section!

We know there are at least 2 other threads in which we could post!

Yes, we do talk a lot!

No, not all of what we say is Tesco related or even of interest to many others but this is the way this thread has formed.

Many of us want to discuss the various deals to be had but this was not appreciated on the main Grabbit forum. As such, we now use this thread to talk about anything from how to cook a baked potato to how to get 1p or 4p items through self-scan as quickly as possible. We also discuss ex-husbands, kids and animals. If you have a medical problem we'll nag you until you go to the Doctor. If you're not feeling well we'll provide support, a wee hot drink and whatever chocolate is currently glitching to cheer you up.

And finally, yes we know that some people try to obscure the store names but this works both ways. It might make it difficult for those who don't have the time to sit here and natter all day but it also makes it difficult for staff/managers to quickly identify any issues at their store.

We do try to remember to post new deals in bold. We don't like arguing so we're not going to take umbrage if one or two deals slip through.

Now sit back, relax and feel free to join in. We don't bite (unless you ask nicely), we will help wherever possible and you don't have to post new deals just to feel like part of the group.

Please put all your finds in bold with LAST 4 DIGITS OF barcode and photo if possible so we can chat & still speed read for bargains.

Common abbreviations:

SEL: Shelf Edge Label
    DTD: Double the Difference
    JTD: Just the Difference
    RTC: Reduced to Clear
    OOD: Out Of Date
    CC: Clubcard or Credit Card, depends on context
    HTH: Hope That Helps
    SA: Sales Assistant
    CS: Customer Services
    DD: Darling Daughter
    DS: Darling Son
    OH: Other Half
    DH: Darling Husband
    TIA: Thanks In Anticipation
    GBP: Great Britain Pound (some people cant get the £ sign to work, or have keyboards set up in "bilingual" mode)
    Trout: is the expression used by people on here for cashiers of a certain age, usually female, that are miserable for the sake of being miserable, unhappy in their work, jealous of people with mocs and do their level best to prevent anyone using coupons...try your very best to avoid them at the checkouts..... (thanks to myrtleturtle on the coupon thread for this)
    T.i.T.: Trout-in-Training

Link to location of Tesco scanners thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3539593&highlight=tesco+scanner+l
    PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS BY THE SCANNERS!!! Please do not give the staff extra work by leaving your unwanted scanned items - stores will be loathe to repair or replace scanners if they make extra work for staff!

Tesco Head Office Phone Numbers in case you have a problem at the Customer Service Desk: 0800505555 and 01382822700

Here's the link to Tesco Customer Services:
    https://www.tescohelp.com/tesco/forms/cs_form.html

If you still have a valid problem that can't be resolved by the store or Head Office here is the e-mail address of the Chief Executive - Please use it wisely!
    philip.clarke@uk.tesco.com

Link to Snap-ant's 11+ers Daily quiz!
    http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Please note that we don't supply copies of coupons, it's against MSE rules so please don't ask. Legitimate coupons can be found on the coupon thread here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3840565
    The PDF coupons can be saved to your computer as sometimes they get pulled early

This is the link for HappyChappy’s Guide to Uploading Photos to the thread:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=48281985&postcount=273

neosi's snap tool in Adobe reader guide:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=51880781&postcount=9213

And OldBear's guide to cost-effective coupon printing:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=51885141&postcount=9388

The list of who we all are and where we lurk in real life can be found here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=50511777&postcount=47

This is the link to the Daily Mail article regarding 1p finds:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314395/Tesco-shoppers-flock-bargains-sale-just-1p.html

Please see the second post for Hey Dude's Top Tips for Finding Misprices.

And finally a big Thank You to neosi for our lovely new logo
    Last edited by Westvleteren; 07-05-2012 at 7:53 PM.
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

Page 112
    • SaverSavvy123
    • By SaverSavvy123 28th Apr 12, 7:37 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 33,240 Thanks
    SaverSavvy123
    Don't know about threaded, but I'm thinking of having mine plaited
    Originally posted by purdita
    • Call of Trouty
    • By Call of Trouty 28th Apr 12, 7:38 PM
    • 5,646 Posts
    • 125,831 Thanks
    Call of Trouty

purdy i am so trying NOT to imagine you right now

re the goodfellas pizza's any info on which ones definitely price check, i'm after margerheita's?

right decisions, decisions............film night with DH or sainsbobs for palmolive?

I am soooo going to miss the palmolive coupon

will join the fond memories of the dove, sacla and honey shreddies coupons
    Originally posted by celebrate
    All deep base

Pepperoni
    Meat Feast
    Spicy Chicken
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 28th Apr 12, 7:38 PM
    • 3,569 Posts
    • 71,312 Thanks
    midwinter
    Now that is just "completely unnecessary" (don't want to get PPR'd so replaced original version )
    Originally posted by RootedNomad
    lol, don't want you to be PPR'd, so good job your changed to the mark 2 version !

Saw beautiful bluebells on some of the verges today
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • kasylia
    • By kasylia 28th Apr 12, 7:41 PM
    • 157 Posts
    • 2,471 Thanks
    kasylia
    Can anyone tell me how much i should be paying to have a cracked screen on a laptop replaced ds is cracked it still works but is cracked on the inside and ink is leeking on the screen know its a bit random but i rang compaq up who wanted £300 plus i just think thats a rip off
    Originally posted by brand8
    My hubby dropped my netbook once and cracked the whole screen.
    He bought new one on ebay for around £36 and changed it himself , its really easy just look up on youtube the model you got and how to replace the screen violaaa saved around £30 - £40 for labour :P
    • Miss Laid
    • By Miss Laid 28th Apr 12, 7:42 PM
    • 6,202 Posts
    • 144,031 Thanks
    Miss Laid
    Its £5 in T's and yes I still got a Helping Hand £10 off £80 for threading
    Originally posted by SaverSavvy123
    The big new T's by me has a beauty/hair place never tried it tho
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch
  • mydaddiesprincess
    I am soooo going to miss the palmolive coupon

will join the fond memories of the dove, sacla and honey shreddies coupons[/QUOTE]

oh noooooooo when is this offer finishing?????
    Really not had time to do my vouchers. have 4 in my purse and was going to spend them tomorrow.

is the offer still on tomorrow. i thought last date was 30th?/?????
    • DODO
    • By DODO 28th Apr 12, 7:43 PM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 31,852 Thanks
    DODO
    I just took the 4 Goodfella's Pizza's through SS and when i scanned the £2.50 off coupon it asked for assistance!!!!
    I was sooooo worried, but luckily the SS assistance just accepted it, but it could have gone sooo wrong, wont be doing that again in a hurry
    Originally posted by aallank
    It's cos the goodfellas pizzas are 2 for 4 pound so the 10 pound limits not being met - but if you take two rustic oven chips through at same time and use your two McCain vouchers with it will work fine and jtd is not affected as McCain chips are Same price inasda.
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 28th Apr 12, 7:43 PM
    • 2,693 Posts
    • 50,127 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Can anyone tell me how much i should be paying to have a cracked screen on a laptop replaced ds is cracked it still works but is cracked on the inside and ink is leeking on the screen know its a bit random but i rang compaq up who wanted £300 plus i just think thats a rip off
    Originally posted by brand8
    We got ours replaced for £80 from our local computer shop
    • glodh1973
    • By glodh1973 28th Apr 12, 7:44 PM
    • 1,209 Posts
    • 5,049 Thanks
    glodh1973
    please can someone direct me to the goodfellas voucher been searching and cannot find it anywhere would be most grateful.7

TIA Gloria x

• DODO
    • By DODO 28th Apr 12, 7:45 PM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 31,852 Thanks
    DODO
    sorry
    no i'm not popular just lazy, alot of old ones needed deleting, done, sorry!!

lol i am knackered most of the time and wonder why, my OH would love me to be a kept woman but he knows working keeps me out of T's, he's worried what a ban might do my reputation if it ever became public , my friends and family see me as the tight but generous (I think you MSE'ers will know exactly what i mean with that-i won't pay more than i have to for anything, however when it comes to giving gifts i am always splashing out on friends and family -if not just to reduce the stock levels)

by the way i'm not out to win friends or influence people, i just say it the way it is got me into alot of trouble over the years though

well i'm home and no shopping today
    lovely kid's party at xscape, had lunch in pizza express, couldn't find the voucher (thanks call of trouty) until the end of the meal,

voucher deal was pizza, starter and desert- had already ordered a cheapo magherita pizza and an expensive one

waitress thought i was hilarious asking for the garlic bread at the end of the meal (beacuse of the voucher)
    then she bought 6 spoons out with our one slice of fudge cake and ice cream

then bill came and they had included the cheapest pizza in the offer not the dear one-technical issue

so waitress talks to manager and he alters the bill for us, small saving but every little helps

OH had left me with his CC while he fetched the card and couldn't for the life of me remember his pin, so got a warning on the 3rd attempt that it was my last try or else

waitress looked at me like i was totally mental

knew i should have taken sandwiches
    Originally posted by celebrate
    Could have been worse - she could have been one of your patients
    • SaverSavvy123
    • By SaverSavvy123 28th Apr 12, 7:46 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 33,240 Thanks
    SaverSavvy123
    Oooh does anyone fancy a free £15 travel hairdryer, collect 7 tokens from the Sun starting tomorrow and then take the vouchers into ..... wait for it..... T's!!! to collect the hairdryer. Cant wait for the CS to get their head round this one. Also wonder how many 1 person can get?????

http://www.fabulousmag.co.uk/fabmag/_fabulous/beauty/1376002/Get-your-free-travel-hairdryer.html
    • DODO
    • By DODO 28th Apr 12, 7:49 PM
    • 1,529 Posts
    • 31,852 Thanks
    DODO
    Evening Elite! Horrible day today in Kent weather wise. Did have a good Tesco free day in Bluewater though, spent my Dwell voucher, picked up some Hotel Chocolat with voucher got some good deals in Boots with ACM vouchers and picked up loads of whoopsies in Waitrose!
    Originally posted by cloz
    What hotel chocolat di you get as all Easter stuff gone - could you choose?
    • Call of Trouty
    • By Call of Trouty 28th Apr 12, 7:49 PM
    • 5,646 Posts
    • 125,831 Thanks
    Call of Trouty
    please can someone direct me to the goodfellas voucher been searching and cannot find it anywhere would be most grateful.7

TIA Gloria x
    Originally posted by glodh1973
    There isn't one.
    There is a £2.50 off wys £10 on frozen food coupon in the price flop leaflet.
    Last edited by Call of Trouty; 28-04-2012 at 7:52 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 28th Apr 12, 7:53 PM
    • 57,177 Posts
    • 650,037 Thanks
    bubbs
    I know this is off topic but does anyone here use costco?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • celebrate
    • By celebrate 28th Apr 12, 7:56 PM
    • 5,785 Posts
    • 78,970 Thanks
    celebrate
    I had about 12 cartons of the Tesco tomatoes with chilli, that were also 1p, but they have all gone now. Wish I had got more.
    Originally posted by debsjc

still got loads left, my first ever 1p buy
    exp date was oct 2011 but still absolutley fine for cooking

Fess up....how many did you get?
    PM if necessary....but I need to know
    Originally posted by purdita
    sorry top secret, can just see the headlines in the paper, local doc finally loses the plot over soap
    lets just say i've been getting a few every time i pass the store

It's not over yet Still time for a "few" more in the next couple of days .....
    Originally posted by RootedNomad
    right that's it, i'm off out, film night can wait
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
    • SaverSavvy123
    • By SaverSavvy123 28th Apr 12, 7:56 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 33,240 Thanks
    SaverSavvy123
    Yes I do but have not been for a few months. I found myself going round saying how much. I'll wait until there is a glitch at T's

Really like their meat though and their customer service is outstanding. You can return anything at anytime if you don't feel that you have had value for money. All their staff are friendly and helpful. T's would do well to learn a few things from them.
    • darkvelv
    • By darkvelv 28th Apr 12, 7:58 PM
    • 477 Posts
    • 10,933 Thanks
    darkvelv
    I'd have to look into gas and air/sedation etc etc due to all the meds I'm on. I can't have general anaesthetic immediately due to being on Warfarin;
    Fudge_cake,
    When I was on Warfarin injections earlier this year, I used to take Codeine as a painkiller ( and Diclofenac, which also thins the blood), so probably you can discuss it with your dentist?
    ...reality is a point of view...
    • celebrate
    • By celebrate 28th Apr 12, 7:58 PM
    • 5,785 Posts
    • 78,970 Thanks
    celebrate
    Could have been worse - she could have been one of your patients
    Originally posted by DODO
    can anyone recommend a good therapist?

i actually have recurring nightmares of my worst trouts or local security guards coming to see me as patients, you know that moment when you look up to see who your next patient is and you
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • Scarlini
    Evening everyone,
    I got the Goodfellas pizzas yesterday and they have price checked today. I got pepperoni and spicy meat feast I never got the chicken one as it was showing out of stock on Mysupermarket and didn't want to risk it not price checking.
    I love to help people by sharing my bargains
    • glodh1973
    • By glodh1973 28th Apr 12, 7:59 PM
    • 1,209 Posts
    • 5,049 Thanks
    glodh1973
    ok ty......

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,808Posts Today

9,063Users online

Martin's Twitter