Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 17th Dec 13, 3:36 PM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Tesco and Asda cut petrol prices
    • 17th Dec 13, 3:36 PM
    MSE News: Tesco and Asda cut petrol prices 17th Dec 13 at 3:36 PM
    "Petrol will be cheaper for those filling up at Tesco and Asda from tomorrow, but Sainsbury's won't be cutting prices..."

Read the full story:

Tesco and Asda cut petrol prices

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 2
    • Aquamania
    • By Aquamania 9th Jan 14, 1:13 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 827 Thanks
    Aquamania
    Anyone else noticed that all the supermarkets quietly upped the price of their fuel 1p on a litre this week?

Strange how there was no big announcement
    Even stranger that the increase occurred at all, what with crude oil prices (in USD) falling and the GBP gaining in strength against the USD.
    Suppose it might be a case of supply & demand, what with everyone going back to work in their cars after the Christmas break and all the lorries getting back on the road.

Perhaps there'll be another big announcement of how the supermarkets are helping us all slash the cost of motoring in these austere times by knocking 1p off a litre soon?
    Towards the end of this month perhaps?
    • Aquamania
    • By Aquamania 13th Jan 14, 2:28 PM
    • 2,027 Posts
    • 827 Thanks
    Aquamania
    Hate to say I told you but ...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2014/01/asda-and-tesco-to-cut-petrol-prices

I reckon I could even give Mystic Meg a run for her money with predictions like this.
    • harrys dad
    • By harrys dad 13th Jan 14, 6:01 PM
    • 1,950 Posts
    • 2,263 Thanks
    harrys dad
    Why does MSE keep peddling this ridiculous twaddle. We all know the prices have gone up recently and are just going back to where they started a few weeks ago.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

4,188Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin