PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    lemol wrote: »
    Hi all, I got a letter back a couple of weeks ago to say that Lombard Direct (RBS/Natwest) will pay out on a second loan I had with them. They claim the first and third loans didn't have PPI on them? I find this hard to believe if the middle loan did and these were all consolidation loans? I don't have paperwork and they claim they can't find the paperwork either to check, the loans were year on year 2002, 2003 and 2004....I have a final figure I cleared off in December 2005 through my online banking info. Just wanted some advice....x

If they have no paperwork, how can they say the first and third did not have PPI but they will pay out for the second one, get back in touch and ask them how do they know this with no proof?.
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    amersall wrote: »
    It certainly is and with this being secured he will pay a hell of a lot of interest over the term, Single Premium is the reason you use for mis sell with this, the full cost of the PPI over the term would not have been explained to him in full, tell him to get the claim in.

Thanks amersall, he's not got the loan agreement so shall we write & request a copy of the cca?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    nee666 wrote: »
    Thanks amersall, he's not got the loan agreement so shall we write & request a copy of the cca?
    You don't need this unless you don't know the account number of the loan!
    Get the complaint in;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step2
  • lemol
    Options
    Sorry beg your pardon, they wrote to say for the second loan they were offering me a certain amount as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability but for the other two loans they wrote to say they have examined all the available records from the time of the sale and due to the limited information available to them, they can find no evidence of PPi being added and that the investigation is concluded.
    I find it hard to believe that the first and third ones wouldn't have PPI but the second loan does? I don't have paperwork at all, all I have are loan amounts and dates paid which I found on my online banking?
  • wez66
    Options
    wez66 wrote: »
    Having successfully reclaimed PPI of £12,596 from Bank of Scotland (Halifax) Credit Card for my mother, she's now turned up at my door with a pile of statements for an Ikea Store Card.

She has all her statements from1994 to 1999 when she closed the account. Once again she was unaware that she had PPI. She has an existing medical condition and had (at that time) good sick pay as she worked for the local authority (both reasons the Halifax upheld her claim for miss-selling)

As I understand it, these Store Cards were not regulated until 2005. Does this make a pursuit of the claim impossible?

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question!!
    I'm reposting as Mother has phoned me twice today to see how it's going on!
    Any info would be gratefully received!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    Options
    wez66 wrote: »
    As I understand it, these Store Cards were not regulated until 2005. Does this make a pursuit of the claim impossible?
    You appear to already know the answer to your question.
    Inform your Mum there is no complaint worth making.
  • kathrynl76
    Options
    Is there a resource/website that can help me to confirm loan amount, PPI paid and length of loan?! I have contacted M&S financial services about mid-sold PPI and after them writing to me to tell me they couldn't help me as my details didn't matched the ones on the system (as I'd moved and not informed them of change of address; I had repaid loan before the move). I provided change of address details and now they have told me they do not hold details of the loan or if PPI was paid as it was more than 6 years ago! Thank you in advance for any help!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    Options
    No.You can try a SAR, or look for your own paperwork.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • nee666
    nee666 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Letter in the post off capital one, an offer of £1500, wasn't expecting that, my current card has no ppi, there paying out on an old card ( late 90s) :j
  • mummamouse
    Options
    Hi, I've just found this site and although scared at the prospect am hoping to be able to claim back PPI without the use of a 3rd party company.

My husband and I both have credit cards that we took out many years ago (exact date unknown and paperwork long gone). Both have PPI included every month. It has got to the point that we are very much struggling to pay them every month and I am hoping that we may be eligible for this claim.

Neither of us really remember the application process that we followed and what forms were completed but we are pretty sure we would not have taken out PPI given the choice.

Both credit cards are still current, one Natwest and one Halifax. I would be grateful if you could give me advice on what I should do next. Is filling out the claim form the first thing needed or do I need to contact the banks direct.

Thank you so much for your help and good luck to all that are still awaiting their replies x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback