PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• katenut
    katenut Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Gillir2000 wrote: »
    Oh...but I will need to buy special cat food tomorrow or Friday! It's bound to be expensive as well. My poor cat was rushed into surgery yesterday, as he had blocked urinary tubes. He will have to live on a special diet now. :(

But he is totally worth every penny, if it keeps him well.

Sorry to hear about your cat Gillir - my cat has the same problem and it was heartbreaking when he was ill! I'll happily pay the extra for the food to never see him suffer like that again. However, I dont think it works out costing much more - he loves the food but doesn't seem to need so much to be full up, and the dried food comes in big bags which last for ages. I split a pouch into two small meals a day, and give him a few biscuits as a snack if he seems hungry. Be careful that he doesn't put on weight tho - mine has got a bit porky!! I'm also a vet nurse, and have seen a few cats on this diet get a bit fat which can make the urinary problem worse. I think it is such a high quality food they seem to need very little of it to eat.

Anyway, good to see everyone doing so well on their challenges! I'm being very strict with the shopping this month - hope I can keep it up. Snowing again here which should keep me away from the supermarkets hopefully :)
    Trying to jump back onto the moneysaving wagon .... :cool:
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    ust in to report and update my sig. 3 NSD's in a row so I'm really please as the total was running away a bit. If I am really careful over the next couple of weeks I should just about make it.

Keep up the good work everyone.
  • LittleMissHappy_2
    Options
    Spent £62 and a few pence in Mr T's today, enough food in the house now to last until at least next Thursday though (give or take a few apples / bananas etc :o) I think I might make this month with a bit of change to spare :D
    Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi
    OU - DD100 (P :)), DSE141 (D :j), DSE212 (P :)), ED209 (02/12), DXR222 (07/12) SD226 (02/13)
  • savvyshe
    Options
    Hi everyone Sorry not signed in for quite a while just like to say how fantastic moneysaving tips are and how manufacturers fool us by following their recommendations on using their products. This last week i have cut up dishwash tabs in half, used less washing liq and bought cheap bio wash powder instead of dishwash tabs all with fantastic results. I no longer pay full price for bread and if i cant get whoopsied i have dragged the breadmaker out and made it, its so much nicer. Carry on moneysavers sending your tips oh and one from me run out of flour yesterday making weetabix cake so instead of the 2 cups of flour i used 1 flour 1 oats it was delish! will update savings later on this week when i have done my sums.
    M&S 2,200.00
    Barclaycard £3840.00
  • skaps
    skaps Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    Options
    Now that i have finally totalled up my January spend on groceries (i was over budget by around £40), i have realised that this months target of £180 may be a long shot but will try my best to hit this target. The only advantage of going over budget in Jan was the fact i have not had to go shopping for a while.
    MFW 2016 No 68 £1300/£8500 No new toiletries Cook sth different
  • MancMillyMolly
    Options
    Today was looking good for another NSD, but then I realised that the rabbit's supplies were severely diminished, so along with that and a few bits for the cat I added £20.34 to my Feb spend :mad: Still looking very good to hit my target I think :j
    The 2012 mantra - "A place for everything, and everything in it's place"
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £30 spend in Tesco yesterday. Really not going well this month - I blame the baby!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • miss_cupcake_2
    Options
    So, half way through first month trying the grocery challenge and so far OH and I have spent quite a bit over half of our budget, eeek! We've got £45 to see us through the next 2 weeks. I can tell that the last week will require some inventive meal planning, but I'm determined for us to succeed. Should really only need to buy fresh f&v and maybe some cheap essentials to stretch out our meals (rice, pasta, couscous). I still have a sneaky suspicion that OH is spending money on the odd packet of crisps/sweets/fizzy drink whilst at work but I'm not going to worry too much about that, YET! One step at a time :)
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2010 at 6:34PM
    Options
    Just a quickie to update. Asda delivery has just come it was £92.48 including delivery so very pleased. I have stocked up on lots of things for half term next week. I'll do an extra meal plan to include lunches as the children will eat all the ham & chicken on sandwiches first :rotfl: then moan that's there's nothing in!

Will catch up later got to put it all away now :(
  • cookiedough38
    Options
    I had a big tesco shop come and fill my freezer from empty for £70 so pleased with that. A lot of my budget spent but I will only need milk and fruit for the rest of the month now
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business