Harveys Furniture Contact

2»

Comments

• I would like to share my experience with Haveys furniture store customers service.

Back in February this year we went into the warrington showroom to purchase a new sofa and dining table with chairs. We paid on our card and left the store with the understanding that we would have the items in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

After 5 weeks had passed I rang the customer services team to find out when we would delivery be. I was advised that the table was on a delay and we would need to wait a further 8 weeks before the order could be fulfilled. With a threat to cancel a compensation payment of £170.00 was agreed by the Warrington store.

The delivery date arrived.. . Along with the wrong sofa, love chair in one colour and three seater in another.The store had ordered incorrectly.

We was then advised we would have to wait up-to 2 weeks before the delivery of the incorrect sofa was showing as complete before a new order could be made with the correct furniture. There was a further 4 weeks delay before this replacement was made with a further wait time of 4/6 weeks.

Note the table arrive perfectly and were very happy with it!

Mid May we had a call from Harvey's!to arrange delivery of the replacements, the only days available where Tuesdays and Thursday, advised my wife would have had to take a day off work to receive the delivery, and I would be looking for a reimbursement for the days leave taken, this was agreed on a recorded telephone call.

Delivery day has arrived, upon removal of the incorrect sofas the blinds to my patio doors were damaged, was advised just ring the store who will sort out compensation for them be replaced.

Call made that very same day to be insulted with a offer of £50 to replace my £280 blinds, when refused, I was advised to send a copy of the invoice / proof of replacement purchase to them, which was done that day.

I was initially offered a compensation payment of £170 by the Warrington store back at the very beginning of this ludicrous journey which customer service are now denying or accepting responsibility for, they are also advising that although
    It was agreed my
    Wife would be reimbursed for her days holiday they won't be processing it.

Call made today , 31/05/19 to escalations after receiving a missed call from them.. at 15:24 hours I was stuck in a queue for 96mins then the line went dead at 17:00 and I was cut off! Funnily
    Enough Home Time for customer
    Service!!

Rang the Warrington store and was advised that it isn’t their issue it’s customer service and they can not
    Help!! Fantastic! Very happy to take payment from you but that's where the service ends!

Now the weekend.. still no answers.. still no resolution!

Total Emails sent 5

Total Phone calls made to customer 64

Calls received 5

Calls to the store made 45

Calls Received 3

My only regret was not canceling my order back in March.

Make your own minds up.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It seems ironic that despite all the ads on tv convincing people that buying an overpriced sofa(on cr!dit) is the answer to a their problems, it appears , relaxing, it aint..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure