New Supply Pipe Installation

Hi all!

So, I'm having a new water supply pipe installed to my property to stop using the shared supply pipe we currently have with the neighbours.

I've contacted Thames Water and paid over 1k to get this started. How it works, is that they only connect the pipe from the roads main supply pipe to the boundary of my property as it then enter private land, so they can't touch it. I had to get a plumber to connect an MDPE pipe from the boundary into my properties supply.

Thames Water then sent an surveyor to check if the pipe was installed correctly to my property and if it meets the standards required. All was fine and step one was done. Now here's the issue.. Thames Water then seem to hire contractors working for them to actually do the works. I was told this would be an 8 week process as I'm on the main road, this wouldn't need street signs and also to check if the valve would be safe from the pressure. The checks for my pipe was done beginning of September and I have just spoken to them and for some reason, they mentioned another 8 weeks and said it could go on till the new year! This can't be right as 4 months has already gone! Why does it take so long. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family