Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yes, well done Martin.

congratulations-bluedrinks.gif
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    award5.jpg

[move][glow=red,2,300]you and your book are the best[/glow][/move]
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    My congratulations also Martin.

Since it's now a bestseller, I'm keeping a watch for it appearing on the Kelloggs/Amazon site, so I can use the vouchers I've accumulated to get a few more copies to "spread the word".  ;)
    They never seem to change the Kelloggs/Amazon bestseller list. I'm waiting for the fiction book about the dob that's been topping the bestsellers lists to appear on that list
  • I read The Money Diet, and I think it's crap. Also, I get tired of Martin Lewis self-aggrandizing self-promotion. Most of the comments on this board are from him, under the alias of other writers.

I love when he says "The Sunday Times did not list it because they see it as a manual." I work for the Sunday Times literary section, and this is not true at all. It's like his counter on the front of this discussion board saying that "ignore this counter as it under counts the number of users on this site." Again, another lie from the fraudster Martin Lewis.

Anyone who knows Martin in person thinks he's one of the most annoying people they've ever met. I must say I have to agree.

I'm sure this will receive a few replies, written by Martin himself under one of his aliases.
  • scheming_gypsy
    scheming_gypsy Posts: 18,410 Forumite
    If you really work in the literary section of the Sunday Times surely you'd know that we don't use z's in words and it would be aggrandising not aggrandizing.
  • svmitche
    svmitche Posts: 592 Forumite
    Also, I get tired of Martin Lewis self-aggrandizing self-promotion.

Yawn!

Nothing better to do eh?

Hey, here's an idea of how to fill your obviously empty hours. Why don't you create a website that - totally for free mind - helps thousands of people escape the misery of debt? Then, why don't you write a book which could save people thousands of pounds, in ways they may not of thought of (whilst learning how to spell and punctuate)? >:(

When you've done those things, you still can't come here and call people names, 'cos that's just not nice, but you might at least achieve a fraction of what Martin's done.

And if you're still not convinced that this is not Martin posting under an alias, well then I'll be convinced that you're just a nutjob.
    I'm so sexy it's a wonder my underpants don't explode.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Dear this site sucks,

What a bizarre and silly person you are. It takes a lot of guts to come onto someones website and libel them. Not only that but the person you libel is the one person who can trace your IP address even though you used an alias email.

In best Loyd Grossman let's look at the evidence

1. You work for sunday times literary section - there's mistake one - if you do - you'd never write this email you could lose your job for bringing the paper into disrepute
    2. Sunday Times count it as a manual. Assuming Martin is right (and let's be honest am more likely to believe him) then you've libelled his reputation - and in his game that's a serious libel lots of cash compensation. (and i remember seeing it in the Times bestseller list so i doubt it's a question of whether it sold enough)
    3. Fraudster: See above calling a journalist who does what he does a fraudster is a huge libel and probably worth loads
    4. Claiming Martin writes the posts. Probably not libel but there are over 1000 posts a day on here. The guy has RSI - how mad are you!

I know I know don't feed the trolls, but for heavens sake. Why don't you crawl back under the rock you came in. Martin or webby or mods can't you block this person!!!!!

Yours

Martin writing under another name (NOT!)
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This_site_sucks

Thanks so much for taking the time to express your views on Martin's book and the site It's so refreshing to hear your views. You gave me a good laugh. Hope you are enjoying the time you are spending on this site. If your addiction has gone too far there are lots of friendly people to help you.

I'm sure Martin will be delighted to know that not everyone likes him. It will surely make him feel, well, human.

Lots of love from all the site "Martins".
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    This guy did register to express his silly opinion,sounds like jealousy creeping in.
    Looking at his profile I noticed he used a disposable (throwaway) email address.
    How`s that for bravery.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well, this_site_sucks,

You are entitled to your opinion, but you do sound like a sad and vindictive individual.

As for me and my experiences of this site......

-It's given me an interest.

-I have had loads of fun.

And best of all .............I've saved a fortune.

As for Martin posting under an alias.........
    I really dont think so!

If the site sucks so much why don't you go away and leave us genuine money savers to do what we do best.

Pink winged
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport