Myhermes refusing to pay lost parcel

Hello,
Hope you can help.
I used myhermes fo pick up a parcel and they have losit it.
They refunded the postage but won’t pay for the item.
It’s trainers.
Originally I thought my friend has sent back some boots, but she sent back some trainers.
I told Hermes to look for boots, but when they could not find I told her and she said she put in trainers, so I sent a picture of the parcel and told them it was trainers and sent a receipt for the trainers.
They originally refused to pay as I didn’t have a receipt for the boots...once I found out trainers were in the box, I let them know and sent a receipt.
They will not pay for the trainers as they say they can’t prove what was sent using their service.
I have told them, sent receipt, sent picture of parcel they picked up and lost.
Does anyone know what rights I have?

Comments

• Hermes have just lost a parcel I sent to a friend. They can see it’s lost in their network but won’t refund as I don’t have a receipt. When you purchase their services you have to say what the item is and value they know they’ve lost it so they should refund!
  • HI Mrs Bargain Hunter It sounds like you were returning these items to a shop or such like if so you could contact Myhermes with the proof of purchase and an email from the supplier confirming that you could return the item as evidence of the contents.
  • Humphrey12 - do you have a proof of purchase for the lost item? Hermes are very difficult to get insurance from if you do not have this evidence.You should at least get your delivery money back if the parcel is lost though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure