Problems with online gambling

I have been reading the threads from this site for the last 2 months, And it really helps, its like 1 big therpy session, I have a debt of £5057 I know its not a lot compared with other peoples but i got mine though pure stupidness playing poker online, I know i'm bloody stupid, maybe there are other people out there as well that are playing online and not thinking how much they are spending. Trouble is you don't see it as money. Cut a long story short I downloaded GamBlock and it blocks all access to gambling sites it costs around £20 for a year but I think its worth it. Now I'm going through the process of paying the debt off. Hope it help anybody that are doing the same
Egg Loan £15000

Debt Free 1st August 2013

Comments

• Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Good stuff Lee.

Hope you can hooked on Money Saving instead. Have a good look through all the other Boards to give you Money Saving tips. Use the savings to pay off your debt and be debt-free as soon as you can.

Keep going and post back if you'd like any suggestions
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • loan8r
    loan8r Posts: 54 Forumite
    Well done Lee keep at it.
    You know it never ceases to amaze me the different ways that these companys find to rob / milk us of our hard earned cash, credit cards, loans, mortgages, and now online robbery :o whoops I mean gambling.

Cheers M.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,715 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    lee3276 wrote:
    i got mine though pure stupidness playing poker online

It takes a big person to admit something like that, especially publicly as you have. Well done. I was cured of gambling at a very early age. I used to spend some holidays with an Aunt & Uncle in Norfolk. One summer I mucked out horses for 2/- 6d per week. I blew a whole week's wages on Lester Piggot on the favourite. Blighter came in last...............

This site appears to be all about saving money, and I think that it's a good idea to have money in my savings, rather than in a company profits ledger.

Have you thought about learning how to earn/save/invest more money so that you can become financially independent? There are web sites that can give advice on that subject as well.

Nigel.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport