Dreams and wishes....

Comments

• I am so pleased your DD loves the flat KK. All systems go now then !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    5p and 73p transferred into online savings.

Application now fully uploaded and submitted to HA. Hope I've remembered every document they need, there were so many!!
  • Kittikins
    Oops, forgot to send all of the bank account details to the HA, they could only see £26k rather than £50k! Hopefully I've now submitted them all and they'll be able to be the Man from Del Monte :)

Yesterday was a NSD, so I put my remaining £1 coin into the Marmite jar. When I get to £104, it will be DD's pocket money for 2018 all ready to go! Recently, I started giving it to her as a monthly rather than weekly sum, so that she could start budgeting, and she's been really good with it.

Over to KW's tonight, yippee! We're hopefully going to go and explore our new allotment, if the postie brings the key today. Fingers crossed :)
  • Hope they say YES ! Everything crossed for you. Enjoy the new allotment :)
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Hooray it is all falling into place. Happy time at KWs and good luck at allotment.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Grrr, the key didn't arrive, but the rain did, so that wasn't a massive loss.

Bag of carrots from MrM's for 9p went beautifully into our chickpea and veggie goulash, combined with veggies KW was given from his gardening friends :) I bought an incredibly cheap but you wouldn't know it bottle of red wine and took over cooking apples from our tree at home and we had an amazingly relaxed evening, cooking, chatting, listening to music. Bliss.......

Still no news on the flat, but I'm hopeful that Monday will bring the news I'm waiting for.

21p moved in one account. Going to be a spendy day as I'm taking MissKitty out to Oxford but having spent virtually nothing all week, I can handle that :)
  • Well done on bargain food! Oxford is fun I hope you have a ball. Good luck with the keys. Gosh I can't believe how quickly this has all happened!

Hope you are having a good day today.
  • Kittikins
    The key was for KW's allotment but I think it still hasn't arrived!

No news yet on my flat application :( My fingers are aching from being crossed so tightly!

Just moved 70p into savings :) Spent £42 on new netball kit for DD!!
  • Well done on 70p - every bit helps.

I bet you will get keys for allotment and news on house on the same day. It's like the buses, you wait for ages and then two come at once.

It's sunny here I hope you have a good day.
  • Kittikins
    Luckily, we got the allotment key yesterday and went to have a look at our "country estate". It's very exciting and we're so happy, even though as you'd expect, there's a lot to do. Thankfully KW can borrow tools from his gardening job and is going to ask his volunteer team if anyone would like clearing the plot party. Fingers crossed!

Sadly, annoyingly, depressingly, the owner of the flat decided today to withdraw the flat from sale and buy the remaining 50% of it himself. I'm gutted. The only consolation is that I had decided to hold off on appointing a solicitor and getting the mortgage application underway until I had the OK from the Housing Association, which would have come today, as I discovered in the email telling me that the deal was all off :(

No idea where I go from here. There is nothing around that is remotely affordable due to living in a hugely rich part of the world, but earning pennies in comparison to most other people. Hopefully something else will come up soon........

Feeling rather glum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport