MSE EE broadband deal : We want your feedback

Options

Comments

• Jimixter
    Options
    Our experience of EE is less than positive so far. We recently signed up to the EE "B'band & line rent pay £168 for a year, get £100 Amzn vch* If line rent's paid upfront" deal advertised on the Money Saving Export website. We were shortly provided with an order reference by email. Our application is currently in progress, but EE are making a total pigs ear of everything, and have managed to cut off our broadband for at least two weeks in the process. Their customer service is appalling, and we have been on the phone to them for several hours already without having the issue resolved.

Last Friday (12th December) I received a phone call to my mobile from a BT OpenReach engineer, asking us what our house telephone line number was and whether we had opted to have a second line put in, which we had never requested. We had no idea why BT were calling us, but suspected it was related to our ISP switchover. From Friday evening onwards our broadband was cut off.

I have since been on the phone to TalkTalk (our old ISP) and EE (our new ISP) many times. Until 16th December, TalkTalk were insistent that we were still connected to them, and that they had not received a request for the line from any other company. They ran through a number of initial checks with us and then arranged for a TalkTalk engineer to come out to us today (17th December). The engineer confirmed our suspicions that EE have taken the line (no longer connected to TalkTalk) but have not yet started our service. We may end up being billed by TalkTalk for their engineer's time, even though we have since spoken to them to let them know of the situation.

We placed the EE order on Thursday 27th November. We have still not recevied our new EE router, and apparently will not be connected to the new EE broadband service until 23rd December. Nevertheless, they have cut off our existing broadband with TalkTalk and are not taking any responsibility for the order.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance in this matter, and urge you to warn any visitors to your site of these issues, as we are already very sorry for making the move to EE. It is already abundantly clear that EE's customer service is appalling, and we are dreading being saddled with them for the next year.
  • EE
    EE Posts: 305 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Jimixter wrote: »
    Our experience of EE is less than positive so far. We recently signed up to the EE "B'band & line rent pay £168 for a year, get £100 Amzn vch* If line rent's paid upfront" deal advertised on the Money Saving Export website. We were shortly provided with an order reference by email. Our application is currently in progress, but EE are making a total pigs ear of everything, and have managed to cut off our broadband for at least two weeks in the process. Their customer service is appalling, and we have been on the phone to them for several hours already without having the issue resolved.

Last Friday (12th December) I received a phone call to my mobile from a BT OpenReach engineer, asking us what our house telephone line number was and whether we had opted to have a second line put in, which we had never requested. We had no idea why BT were calling us, but suspected it was related to our ISP switchover. From Friday evening onwards our broadband was cut off.

I have since been on the phone to TalkTalk (our old ISP) and EE (our new ISP) many times. Until 16th December, TalkTalk were insistent that we were still connected to them, and that they had not received a request for the line from any other company. They ran through a number of initial checks with us and then arranged for a TalkTalk engineer to come out to us today (17th December). The engineer confirmed our suspicions that EE have taken the line (no longer connected to TalkTalk) but have not yet started our service. We may end up being billed by TalkTalk for their engineer's time, even though we have since spoken to them to let them know of the situation.

We placed the EE order on Thursday 27th November. We have still not recevied our new EE router, and apparently will not be connected to the new EE broadband service until 23rd December. Nevertheless, they have cut off our existing broadband with TalkTalk and are not taking any responsibility for the order.

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance in this matter, and urge you to warn any visitors to your site of these issues, as we are already very sorry for making the move to EE. It is already abundantly clear that EE's customer service is appalling, and we are dreading being saddled with them for the next year.

Hi Jimixter

Sorry to hear of the issues you have faced.

I believe you have now emailed me directly, and we are resolving this away from the forum.

Thanks
    Jade-Representing EE
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 3Dphoto
    Options
    Dear MSE - please see the forum threads (including mine) regarding EE and do NOT recommend them again.

The hassle is not worth it.

Thanks!
  • EE
    Options
    3Dphoto wrote: »
    Dear MSE - please see the forum threads (including mine) regarding EE and do NOT recommend them again.

The hassle is not worth it.

Thanks!

Hi 3D photo

I believe we have now resolved your voucher issue. I do apologise for the inconvience you have faced, and hope that you enjoy spending your voucher.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
    I am the official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fghj12
    Options
    I switched in September and I've had no problems with EE themselves; the broadband transferred over seamlessly. However, receiving the £100 Amazon voucher is a different matter. The latest fob off email from affiliate window says "Amazon are having a few issues finding your voucher". I've never had issues with Amazon before so I find this difficult to believe and I think the root of the problem is actually affiliatewindow.com. I think this deal lacks credibility and it is difficult to comprehend why MSE are promoting it so heavily.
  • EE
    Options
    fghj12 wrote: »
    I switched in September and I've had no problems with EE themselves; the broadband transferred over seamlessly. However, receiving the £100 Amazon voucher is a different matter. The latest fob off email from affiliate window says "Amazon are having a few issues finding your voucher". I've never had issues with Amazon before so I find this difficult to believe and I think the root of the problem is actually affiliatewindow.com. I think this deal lacks credibility and it is difficult to comprehend why MSE are promoting it so heavily.

Hi

I do apologise that you feel like this, however we are working closely with Amazon to try and find your voucher.

Please email me today on jade.taylor@affiliatewindow.com and I will give you a further update.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
  • steve7879
    Options
    I signed up to EE on Monday on the basis of the salesman and his manager both promising I would get the £100 Amazon voucher but now it seems this may not be true.
    I originally saw the deal on MSE a couple of weeks ago and put some of my details into the EE website to get more information on coverage in my area. I didn't sign up at this point. Using this information EE called me back on Monday of this week and I said I would sign up providing I still qualify for the £100 Amazon voucher. As stated above this was promised, however when I asked for details as to how to claim I was told they couldn't say as it is a 3rd party offer.
    I was uneasy about this so the next day I emailed the general affiliate address given on this forum and copied in Jade. After getting no response I phoned EE today. The first person I spoke to took my details, phoned me back twice, but finally said they couldn't help and gave me a customer service number. I've just spent over an hour on the phone (mostly on hold) to EE, firstly to customer support and then the registration department. It turns out the offer has not in fact been added to my registration. The manager of the person I spoke to in registration is now going to email the manager at the affiliate and then they will call me back.
    This has been a bad experience so far!
  • EE
    Options
    steve7879 wrote: »
    I signed up to EE on Monday on the basis of the salesman and his manager both promising I would get the £100 Amazon voucher but now it seems this may not be true.
    I originally saw the deal on MSE a couple of weeks ago and put some of my details into the EE website to get more information on coverage in my area. I didn't sign up at this point. Using this information EE called me back on Monday of this week and I said I would sign up providing I still qualify for the £100 Amazon voucher. As stated above this was promised, however when I asked for details as to how to claim I was told they couldn't say as it is a 3rd party offer.
    I was uneasy about this so the next day I emailed the general affiliate address given on this forum and copied in Jade. After getting no response I phoned EE today. The first person I spoke to took my details, phoned me back twice, but finally said they couldn't help and gave me a customer service number. I've just spent over an hour on the phone (mostly on hold) to EE, firstly to customer support and then the registration department. It turns out the offer has not in fact been added to my registration. The manager of the person I spoke to in registration is now going to email the manager at the affiliate and then they will call me back.
    This has been a bad experience so far!

Hi Steve

I do apologise that no one has got back to you. We do tend to say a 3 working day turn around, so I apologise if it is over that.

I am happy to pick this up directly if you email me explaining we spoke on the forums. The emails I am cc'd in to go to our ticketing system rather than directly to me. So emailing just me means I can deal with this.

Thanks
    Jade- Representing EE
  • MrLooper
    MrLooper Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 19 December 2014 at 6:37PM
    Options
    I didn't go for the MSE link, but feedback for the switch to EE from Sky.

I ordered on 4/12/14, got email for conformation in few mins. Few days later got text and email with go live date of 19/12/14.

Again email and text on 15/12/14 say router has been posted, and it was delivered on 17th.

Come this morning no internet or phone. I came back 4.30 and checked still not working. Come 5 o clock phone and internet back on. Number transfer went through all OK and internet speed is the same as Sky's was.

I went through TCB with £100 tracked.

For me it was seamless I didn't have to contact EE a single time, lets hope it stays that way.
  • Jimixter
    Options
    EE wrote: »
    Hi Jimixter

Sorry to hear of the issues you have faced.

I believe you have now emailed me directly, and we are resolving this away from the forum.

Thanks
    Jade-Representing EE
    Hi Jade,

Thank you very much for your assistance. Following your contact with EE, we received a phone call from EE the following day and our router arrived the day after that.

Its a great shame EE let it get to this stage, but we now have broadband again, and we are very grateful for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure