The great GREAT 'how to find a decent tradesman' hunt continues!

13»

Comments

• phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    We've started using PropertyHeads to find tradesmen. It's great because you can actually see the tradesmen reviewed by people you know. So no more worrying about fake reviews. Also I understand it's free for tradesmen which means they won't get upset about you getting more than one quote for your job. Booked a tiler that had been reviewed by one of our neighbours - very happy with the work done.

Reported as spam as all of your posts promote the same company.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    phill99 wrote: »
    Reported as spam as all of your posts promote the same company.

Three times phill.
  • Gastines3
    Gastines3 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have a list of various tradesmen that I have used for 30+ years on sites all over the country and France but after offering the numbers to a few I've decided to refuse in future. As I try to keep my costs down on sites,my own and clients, I do as much of the basics and donkey work myself. If customers did think ahead and did some preparation work,ie, clearing floors,moving furniture,covering up units that can't be moved
    etc, I'm sure they'd have a bit more joy getting the jobs done.Back in my carpet fitting days I remember going to fit a lounge out and found the young couple watching TV and drinking and they advised that they hadn't cleared anything as they didn't know which end I would start!!!
  • Is anyone else dying to know roughly whereabouts in the country OP lives? Do tell us please OP.

In my experience their reliability varies (a LOT) according to area of country and their standard also varies (ditto).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure