Redundant payment not being paid

I hope someone can assist , six weeks ago I was made redundant and now I found out that the company can not pay my redundancy money due to cash flow .
I have made some alternative ideas for example spread the payments over 3 months or they let me keep the company car (not on finance) and pay me the remainder.
Regarding the payments over 3 mouths do I have the right to keep the car on my property (immoblised) and not used as I do not have insurance until payments made if full.

I hope someone can advise me as my old company are not responding and i need to move forward

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You'll have to keep it on your driveway, if you don't have insurance.
  • That is exactly what i was going to do but putting wheel clamps and a steering lock on
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    As long as you take them off if they want their car back, then yes.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Your are aware that by delaying redundancy payments your are reducing your chances of ever seeing them, and the car will still be theirs. Unless the employer is actually insolvent, the only route to the government's scheme is through the tribunal system - not small claims - and if you don't make a claim three months less a day from your leaving date, you can't make one at all.
  • PennyMoney
    PennyMoney Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morph55 wrote: »
    I hope someone can assist , six weeks ago I was made redundant and now I found out that the company can not pay my redundancy money due to cash flow .
    I have made some alternative ideas for example spread the payments over 3 months or they let me keep the company car (not on finance) and pay me the remainder.
    Regarding the payments over 3 mouths do I have the right to keep the car on my property (immoblised) and not used as I do not have insurance until payments made if full.

I hope someone can advise me as my old company are not responding and i need to move forward

Hi, sorry to hear that you've started on what could be a confusing and frustrating journey. As it's a couple of weeks since you posted this may be out of date and I'm guessing you may by now have contacted the Insolvency Service for advice. If, as I suspect, your ex-employer is not insolvent then you can still apply to the Insolvency Service by initially asking them to send you a Solvent Template to complete and return to them. ( Last year my other half was made redundant from a non-insolvent limited company. As company wasn't insolvent the Insolvency Service initially insisted they couldn't assist; an official we subsequently spoke to mentioned the Solvent Template and they ultimately awarded his Redundancy Pay but we are still battling via other means for other outstanding payments. ) Obviously I can't guarantee they'd be able to help you but I'd say they should be your first port of call. Good luck.
  • You'll have to keep it on your driveway, if you don't have insurance.

If you are going to take the vehicle off the road, you will need to do more than immobilise it; you will also need to SORN it with the DVLA (Statutory Off Road Notice). :think: All vehicles MUST either be taxed and insured or SORN; you might still want to keep it insured (just in case). DVLA / SORN: I am unable to post the link so: Search gov.uk / Driving & Transport / Vehicle Tax, MoT & Insurance / SORN.
    Good judgement comes from experience
    ... but experience comes from a lack of good judgement.
    :think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport