Unlock your ZTE 627 Mobile Broadband Dongle (the free one from MicroP) for FREE!

Comments

• Donnie
    Donnie Posts: 9,862 Forumite
    Unless you have a friend who lives in the UK willing to help you, no.
  • Donnie wrote: »
    Unless you have a friend who lives in the UK willing to help you, no.
    I have nobody who lives in the UK...But are you sure that it is impossible the item can be sent to Italy? Someone can suggest me a method to get the key at the price of £4,95? Here in Italy and on ebay too it is more more expensive... Please,help me guys!!
  • Another question... I unlocked my key and i have noticed that the colors of the lights are different...Blue for Umts/Hsdpa connecion and Red for Edge/Gprs conection... Why does it happen? On the manual it was written that green light indicates Umts/Hsdpa connection and Blue light indicates Gprs connection...Why does the situation change after unlocking the key?
  • Donnie
    Another question... I unlocked my key and i have noticed that the colors of the lights are different...Blue for Umts/Hsdpa connecion and Red for Edge/Gprs conection... Why does it happen? On the manual it was written that green light indicates Umts/Hsdpa connection and Blue light indicates Gprs connection...Why does the situation change after unlocking the key?

If you have a USB modem, why are you badgering us in order to get this one?

What are you thinking? It is for the UK market. Why would it be sold to someone in Italy?

Anyone who buys one in the UK and then subsequently sells it on to you will expect to make a profit from it and have their postage costs covered too.
    In addition they would want to receive your payment in advance in case you are one of those who wanted something for nothing.
    Oh wait...that's exactly who you are.
  • Donnie
    There are plenty on ebay so it should be easy. When it arrives in Italy please tell us what sims work in it.

Best wishes,

Mike.

You can buy a Wind SIM for 10 euros(5 euros of call time included) or a Wind SuperInternet SIM for 10 euros(10 euros of data traffic included).

You then "send an SMS to number 4033 with the text TEMPO SI" which will enable you to use mobile broadband at the rate of 0.50 euros per 15 minutes.
  • Thanks Donnie,
    Just what I wanted to know.
    Of course, at this rate, great to get you out of a hole but quite pricey!
    Have a good weekend,
    Mike.
  • ...and in answer to my own question, this arrived in my inbox today as if by magic! Wonder if I can top up my mobile internet card this way when it arrives and will it work.

How to Top-Up at an ATM

1. Select Mobile Phone Top Up from the main menu.
    2. Choose the Mobile Operator for the phone you want to top-up (Vodafone, O2, T-Mobile, Orange, Tesco Mobile and Virgin Mobile are currently available).
    3. Choose how much you want to top-up by from the list of amounts.
    4. Enter the mobile number you want to top-up.

You'll get a receipt and your phone will be topped-up shortly thereafter. And remember there are no fees to use this simple and convenient service.

Watch this space!

So, here I am. Have topped up £10 at atm. HSDPA O2 card (O2 mobile broadband pay and go usb modem sim card) in pda, no credit arrived. Is this because top up credit only recognised by ordinary mobile sims? I think I have probably just wasted £10!! Please would you clarify this for me? I had assumed (never do that) probably wrongly that these cards could both be used for the web and to make calls, probably because somewhere it referred to using unused internet credit for calls. Perhaps I misunderstood?!

Thanks for your forthcoming assistance,

Mike.
  • Yes idiot.
    These days you have to register the card!
    Perhaps it will work then?!
  • primulissima0
    primulissima0 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 15 August 2009 at 4:15PM
    Donnie wrote: »
    If you have a USB modem, why are you badgering us in order to get this one?

What are you thinking? It is for the UK market. Why would it be sold to someone in Italy?

Anyone who buys one in the UK and then subsequently sells it on to you will expect to make a profit from it and have their postage costs covered too.
    In addition they would want to receive your payment in advance in case you are one of those who wanted something for nothing.
    Oh wait...that's exactly who you are.
    But what are you saying? Why do you use these hard words to me?? I don't understand at all...I just wanted to know if i could sell the item only paying £4,95 like in the UK..I really don't understand your hard attack to me...
    p.s.: ah,wait a moment guy...I DON'T WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!!
  • Another question... I unlocked my key and i have noticed that the colors of the lights are different...Blue for Umts/Hsdpa connecion and Red for Edge/Gprs conection... Why does it happen? On the manual it was written that green light indicates Umts/Hsdpa connection and Blue light indicates Gprs connection...Why does the situation change after unlocking the key?
    Does it also happen to you? And why? Thanks a lot for your answer!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure