New Journey

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Mines a 5 :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The one I have now is a 6 but certainly not taking on a contract for loads of money. £20 was my limit and I ended up with the phone I wanted.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good phone deal. Well done :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • 117pauline
    Options
    Hi Cumbrian

The iPad is rather nice to look forward to. And the phone is definitely a good deal.

I am a bit of a Mardy miss when it comes to black Friday etc. I prefer to celebrate Buy Nothing Day which is always Black Friday.

We even braved Asda today which shocked my partner as he couldn't believe the increase in prices. I've been out three times this week which has encouraged me, next week will be more. I did suffer for the afternoon though but I did it.

If yourstomach doesn't feel quite right I would get it checked out now before the holiday chaos. I suffer from IBS and bile acid malabsorbtion. I drink a wallpaper paste powder drink each day which does help some. I've found it is the cumulative effects of additives plus not sticking to a low FODMAP diet that seems to make my problems worse. The FODMAP diet is well worth a look. I need to follow the rules more strictly though.

Enjoy Sunday, Take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • System
    Options
    Pauline thank you for reminding me about the FODMAP diet, I think I may follow it for a few weeks. The only problem I have is I love fruit bit its on the red list my favourite and yoghurt I love as well.

Will see how I go on , but I follow a gluten free diet have done for the past 8 years and that has helped enormously, I agree about additives.

You have been very busy this week three times out , with more to come. I prefer going out in the morning as well . Keep it up .

Thank you as ever for dropping in .
  • System
    Options
    Busy day , shopping £17.52 &£4.40 Petrol £33.99

Yesterday waxing £11 Hair £20

Still keeping an eye on the spends , lots more things to pay for before next payday.

Today out food shopping , prices seem to be climbing at a ridiculous speed , hope things slow down.
  • System
    Options
    Need to do a new SOA a couple of things have changed. Plus I am thinking of having a very frugal Jan, Feb to see if I can make a bigger payment these two months.

Can't believe the weekend is gone again. Next week I am really busy and have friends staying next weekend.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Maybe in Jan/Feb you will have council tax free months to help?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Need to do a new SOA a couple of things have changed. Plus I am thinking of having a very frugal Jan, Feb to see if I can make a bigger payment these two months.
    i'll be doing the same for Dec, Jan and Feb so you won't be alone...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I think I will need a frugal January and February too after our recent gallivanting about the country and Christmas, otherwise we won't be able to pay our bills :(.

I hope you can work out some foods tbat help your tummy. DH and I suffer from IBS but different types; I need lots of roughage and he can't eat too much.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport