No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in December

Comments

• evening all and welcome to all newbies :hello:

I have uu the last of my balance me face washes, I've loved using these and will buy again but I need to get through the other cleansers gathering dust in my stash

I also have to confess, I succumbed to the elemis TSV so that's a few more ins. I also visited the Christmas market yesterday and bought some lovely french soap. I may also have bought another blissful templetree shower gel from Molton Brown :o

happy pampering, xo
  • Does anyone have the same issue as me? You see someone's list of toiletries and think, ooh i'd like that?
  • Does anyone have the same issue as me? You see someone's list of toiletries and think, ooh i'd like that?

Yes...I'm watching Lauren Luke's youtube videos as I type. Her lucky dips show the extent of her makeup and I am jealous
  • I have oily/combination skin and can get away with using the Cleanance Lotion or either of the Hydrance Legere creams. All of them make my skin feel nice and work well under makeup so it just depends on what's available and what I fancy using!

Thanks for the guidance! My skin is a bit sensitive but generally well behaved, I think I just need something a little more comforting as it's reacting badly to the cold/central heating etc. Plus, I can't deny it, I'm getting older and heading in to age resisting product territory
  • First UU of December for me!

Champneys Citrus Blush Body Lotion, 200ml - WBA but I have so much body lotion to get through, it's what I tend to stash the most.
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    VALM wrote: »
    ooh I love Cheshire Oaks. I reckon the last time we were there was Easter time. We used to go there for a Christmas shop as the Toy shop there was fabulous especially when she was into Barbie dolls. Will you be going on L'Occitane by chance?

Everybody wish my daughter Emma best of luck today as she is grading for her Freestyle Ju Jitsu Black Belt Second Dan. She is feeling really confident about this one so am hoping she gets a really great pass mark. 3 hours long though.

Have an IN and a UU to declare already. L'oreal Preference hair colour in Deep Red. Wanted something brighter and that's what I've got. x

Me too, I did go in L'Occitane but managed not to buy anything in there, Molten Brown or The Cosmetics Company but fell at the last hurdle with TBS and bought a total of 1500ml of shower gel :eek: My justification was it was a total bargain for two 750ml bottles at £9.80 but I struggled with 500ml of S&G Clean on Me with a pump dispenser like these so I don't know how I'll get on - I could well live to regret it! :o I got Coconut and Moringa so at least I can rotate them to stop getting too bored.... At least shower gel is necessary and I don't actually have any stashed.... I just couldn't resist such a bargain!!

I hope it well really well for Emma today.

I love the Preference hair colours, they're definitely my dye of choice at the moment.
  • emsjune78
    emsjune78 Posts: 569 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    indiepanda fabulous stash list, I'm v jealous!! :D
  • mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Survived GunWharf with just one IN 200ml Molton Brown skin balance which was half priced and I am nearly out of it. Also purchased from The Kipling store but that is for a different giving up challenge;)
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • moromir
    moromir Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    A little pat on the back for me, just sold around £300 worth of cosmetics/beauty products on Ebay.

Rewarded myself with the opi mini bondette collection though :/ still winning though I think?
  • emsjune78 wrote: »
    indiepanda fabulous stash list, I'm v jealous!! :D

Lol, I'm just trying not to dwell too much on how much money I have tied up in that stash.

Reading that list it I can see how my tastes have changed over time - haven't bought anything in the Body Shop for many years - and whatever possessed me to buy banana scented shower gel and body butter is beyond me. Also haven't bought anything in Lancome for many years but have a ton of Lancome cleaner as they always had it in their GWP offers. And since I am a lazy minx who usually grabs a few extra minutes in bed in the morning rather than put on make up and is then too lazy to cleanse before bed, the cleanser tends to last me a long while.

Its interesting to note how much of my stash has come via special offers. Even ignoring all the sample / travel sizes which make up a good slug of my collection and were pretty much all from offers, I know a decent amount of the full size stuff came on special offer too.

I grew up poor and seem to always be suckered by a bargain now - like I think I can only justify buying the nice things I can afford now if I get it on a deal. The fact it is only really a good price if I actually NEED it seems to escape me.

Anyway, I've put a block on my two most tempting toiletries sites tonight - no accidental shopping at L'Occitane and REN for a while. Will start putting all the tempting emails I get from various sites in my spam folder. It's time to get serious about getting this under control.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure